Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Wheel locking Nuts

ABToyota

I think I have worn out the locking nut by over tightening so I need a new set. Now do I buy from Toyota or can I get a replacement set that is of high quality or do I just buy a whole new set and replace all the locking nuts?

On the box it says PZ4AK-EV906-00

On a white card in the box it says code 492.

So is eBay a good place to start looking? I dont want to buy a cheap set and after one tyre change buy another set.

43 minutes ago, ABToyota said:

I think I have worn out the locking nut by over tightening so I need a new set. Now do I buy from Toyota or can I get a replacement set that is of high quality or do I just buy a whole new set and replace all the locking nuts?

On the box it says PZ4AK-EV906-00

On a white card in the box it says code 492.

So is Ebay a good place to start looking? I dont want to buy a cheap set and after one tyre change buy another set.

You can't get replacement, so you need to buy a new set and yes, eBay is a good place to start looking. Bear in mind that there are several types of locking nuts. If you have original Toyota wheels, then you would need the flat-seated nuts with washers, else you would probably need the tapered-seat ones

• Like 1

They look like the flat seated ones. Thanks. Will pop into Toyota over weekend as would they stock this item or do they order in? 

If Toyota are charging about £25 might as well go with them.

If the nuts on the car are sound and just the key/socket has worn then a new key can be ordered using the key number from the card at your local dealer

• Like 1

Just the key is worn down, the bolts are fine.

Thanks.

No need for a new set then... I misunderstood you and thought nuts were worn. As Devon Aygo said, you could get a replacement key (though, its price could be just as much as a new set).

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links