Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Left rear side slightly higher than the right rear!

Konrad C

I just noticed for the second Avensis I have owned, that left hand rear wheel arch has more gap than the right rear. I noticed this with my old Mk1, and I have noticed this with the Tourer.

This must be normal because, the space between the arch and the tyre is about an inch in both cases. I also measure from the arch to the ground. 

Two cars with the same height set up. It must be normal or a fluke if not. Could be for UK road camber.

Guys can you measure and let me know?

I haven't measured but I have always thought that the offside side rear on my T27 Tourer looked slightly lower than the nearside.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

They should be the same on either side and only be affected by the amount of fuel, tyre type, cargo or passengers you carry.

This test removes the impact of fuel load, cargo & passenger load and tyre profile. jack the car and support it under the rear of the chassis rails so that both wheels are off the ground then check the distance between the wheel hub centre and the lower edge of the wheelarch directly above it.  They should be the same distances - if not then you have a twisted body from accident damage or rough riding.  I doubt that Toyota will have let it leave the production line if the robots found a variance.

Finding out where it is deformed will be a nightmare and involve removing lots of trim to establish datum points.  If it rides ok then leave it be  :)

Worn springs is the usual suspect and are normally lower on the drivers side as cars always have a driver but not necessarily passengers.

Regards,

Penfold

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links