Do Not Sell My Personal Information

bleeding brakes auris 2007

morris116

hello all,

Iv'e just bled the brakes on my Auris, noticed that doing front  bleeding the fluid flowed well whilst pushing pedal down however with the rear's, the pedal had quite a resistance, and yes the nipples were well open. Wonder if I've missed something, would appreciate any advice.

Many thanks

morris 116

Could be a load compensator allowing better flow to the fronts?  Try it with the engine on, but if you're getting fluid out and the brake pedal is firm you're probably ok.

Why were you bleeding the brakes? Have you just fitted new pads or did you have a soft pedal to start with or were you changing the fluid or what?

It's a diagonally split system, what sequence were you bleeding the brakes in?

Is your ABS warning light on or any other warning light for that matter?

hello ,

Changing the fluid long overdue. am aware its diagonal, bled rears first, then front. am I wrong there perhaps ? no warning lights are showing.no manual available or anything on u tube for guidance. Pedal solid when servo exhausted , seems to travel too far when engine running correct dot 4 fluid used.

many thanks

morris116

Have you actually tried the car out on the road? You might find the brakes are working OK. My last Auris (2009) had a very soft pedal when stationary, in fact at one point I was sure I’d get dinged for it on the MOT but it always passed. From memory the rear bleeders are smaller bore than the front so might give you the impression of restricted flow but if your pedal goes solid when you’ve exhausted the vacuum then I don’t think you’ve got any air in the system.

hello Tomdeguerr,

I think your comments sum up the situation. Tried it on the road and brakes ok. Was  a mechanic for many years but do except  technology moves on and worried I might have missed something. And thanks to all who offered advice.

morris116