Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Corolla EE80

jerry303

I have a 1987 corolla EE80 -  the hose from the heater to the thermostat housing joins on to a short metal connector - and the connector is leaking.

Does this connector screwout - should I patch it with a sealant ( plastic metal)?

Can any member advise  me?

On my photo I have marked the connector with white tape.

fortworth303@gmail.com  

Corolla EE80 Thermostat hose connector.JPG

Hi,

Would not think any sealant would stand up to the heat, pressure and vibration in that location.

Unless some local metal worker can possibly weld  it , though do not know if thats possible with alloy like that ?  - think your only way is a new part from Toyota or search the local and online scrapyards for one.

The colour of the dried fluid indicates a lot of rust in the water, a good flush at least needed.

Thanks for your info -  I'm still unsure if the connector will screw out - or after 29 years - will it crumble under pressure from the grips?

My local Toyota dealer have no idea - and I can't get a Haynes Manual for this car.

If any member know of an ee80 being broken - I will buy the complete thermostat housing.

my e mail is fortworth303@gmail.com   

Assume when you say "My local Toyota dealer have no idea" you mean they do not know if its a screw in connector ?

Did they give you a price for the complete assembly ?

If not you could get a price from Kingo, a toyota dealer who helps out forum members, he might also know if the connector is screw in, but getting just the connecor might not be available separately via Toyota.

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/profile/34014-parts-king/

If no luck there then or too expensive for a complete assembly, then google "online scrap yard dealers toyota corolla" and get emailing them with you exact part /model  details and photo,

3 hours ago, jerry303 said:

Thanks for your info -  I'm still unsure if the connector will screw out - or after 29 years - will it crumble under pressure from the grips?

My local Toyota dealer have no idea - and I can't get a Haynes Manual for this car.

If any member know of an ee80 being broken - I will buy the complete thermostat housing.

my e mail is fortworth303@gmail.com   

http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/

Have a look on here..might help you discern what the part looks like.