Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aygo Creaky Dashboard

fordulike

My Aygo's dashboard is a bit creaky on bumpy ground around the radio fascia. Has anyone had this problem and successfully silenced the noise?

The Aygo does have its fair share of creaks, mine has a creaky passenger seat and the speedometer fascia creaks a bit which can be annoying but when I think it's an 10yr old car that's cheaply built it doesn't bother me I just turn the radio up more.😄

You could try removing the radio and trim to see if anything is loose or broken.

• Like 1

Remarkably my 2012 Aygo has less squeaks, creaks, and rattles than my 2012 Avensis did. 

Empty an aerosol can of furniture polish around the cracks and crevices of the dash. It'll find its way in and lubricate things eliminating a lot of creaks and rattles.

Thanks for all the replies. I cured the problem by removing the stereo fascia and squirting all the fixing points with silicone spray.

On 09/03/2016 at 2:16 AM, Raeman said:

The Aygo does have its fair share of creaks, mine has a creaky passenger seat and the speedometer fascia creaks a bit which can be annoying but when I think it's an 10yr old car that's cheaply built it doesn't bother me I just turn the radio up more.😄

You could try removing the radio and trim to see if anything is loose or broken.

yes its just little noises and creaks I just turn up the radio to cover up lol