Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Auris 1.4 d4d

mashdee

Hi Guys,

I am new on this forum, I need your kind suggestions, will be much appreciated if you could reply as soon as possible

I m thinking of buying used Toyota auris 1.4 D4D Diesel  2007 or 2008 reg.. could any tell me the real issues with that car , and what is the real AVG MPG on trip computer pls?

I cant make a decision between Toyota auris 1.4 diesel and Toyota corolla 14 diesel.. My average travelling is around 700 miles per month combined .

Welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

As regards issues, have a look at the Honest John review, especially the 'good/bad' section. You can also have a look at the Real MPG section to see what owners who have posted are achieving with the 1.4D4D.

As regards the 1.4 diesel engine, it is the same engine (the 1ND-TV) that was used in both the last model Corolla  and the Auris. This engine was subject to a recall last year that affected Auris models built from November 2008 - see 

Thanks Frost. you meant to say Reg before 2008 in Toyota Auris d4d1.4 diesel can be considered to be good and less problems?

Honestly I could not find much reviews about Toyota 1.4 diesel ..that is why I cant make any decision.

The Auris 1.4D4D's registered before November 2008 presumably are outside the recall remit, so shouldn't be affected by the recall issues. Toyota do have a Recall Checker on their website, which one can use to check whether any car you're considering has any outstanding recalls (you just need the reg.no and the model) - https://www.toyota.co.uk/caring-for-your-toyota/owners/recall-checker.json

The same engine, in differing states of tune, was/is used in the Yaris, Yaris Verso, Urban Cruiser and Verso S, as well as the Auris and Corolla.

The one question I think you need to consider is whether you do enough miles per annum to make a diesel viable. Seems as though you're looking at an annual milage of around 8500. Also if the diesels you're looking at have a diesel particulate filter, these can give problems if subjected to a lot of short journeys. 

Thanks Frost.. Yes  I realistically cover combined 6500 miles per anum so i think filter should not be problem.

I checked recall issues , message came on '

We have identified that your Toyota is subject to a voluntary customer service campaign or outstanding safety recall.

Could you anyone tell me what does it mean, is it serious engine problem or just safety issues? should i take this car?

14 hours ago, mashdee said:

Thanks Frost.. Yes  I realistically cover combined 6500 miles per anum so i think filter should not be problem.

at least in the UK this mileage would not normally recommend a diesel (unless perhaps it is all done on long runs). If you do that mileage in short runs in a diesel (any diesel) equipped with a diesel particulate filter (DPF) you will have issues.

15 hours ago, mashdee said:

I checked recall issues , message came on '

We have identified that your Toyota is subject to a voluntary customer service campaign or outstanding safety recall.

Could you anyone tell me what does it mean, is it serious engine problem or just safety issues? should i take this car?

Basically the car has outstanding work that needs to be carried out by a Toyota dealer. It is either part of a voluntary campaign that Toyota are doing to correct something or an official recall. If you are looking to buy the car in question I would suggest to the seller they take the car into a Toyota dealer to have whatever work is needed done before you buy the car. Work done under a voluntary service campaign or recall is usually free.

• Like 1

Hi Frost , so nice of you.

One thing i did not understand you said 

If you are looking to buy the car in question I would suggest to the seller they take the car into a Toyota dealer to have whatever work is needed done before you buy the car. Work done under a voluntary service campaign or recall is usually free.

Could you pls explain above ?  As i have seen a car today took test drive, to me looks superb , clutch pedal is very soft touches to the bottom , the car is toyota auris 1.4 d4d diesel , 33000 mileage covered, one owner, Price £4000   Reg number is : NJ07HJK

Could you please give me some kind suggestion, shall i buy or not...

Look forward to hearing from you soon. 

You like this  Unlike this

That is an Auris T2 5 door 1.4D4D in Ixion blue - a light metallic blue.

The Toyota recall checker shows no outstanding voluntary service campaigns or safety recalls. 

The DVSA MOT History is  https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/  , is showing it was last MOT'd 1st February 2016 and there was an advisory on the suspension mountings being corroded but not excessive. The MOT history goes back to 2010 and mileage seems to be corroborated. Mileage seems to be around 3500 per annum, but only around 1100 between March 2015 and February 2016. There was a note on the February 2012 MOT that the rear axle had been replaced !!

Note that you say the clutch was soft, whereas my petrol Auris clutch is quite firm.

If you're buying from a dealer, might be worth questioning whether the clutch needs adjustment or replacing soon.

The car seems to check out OK, but ultimately it has to be you who decides whether or not to buy ....

• 3 years later...

Hi have an auris. Constant problems with engine lighta and several visits to several Toyota dealerships with engine light problems. I was driving today and hear a big bang and the car shuddered to a stop. Oil coming from the exhaust and oil dripping from the engine. Still waiting on definitive prognosis but I don't think Toyota are not the cars they used to be and after forking out for a new  engine I will be moving away from Toyota.

The wife and I both had Yaris 1.4 Diesel engines (actually 1356cc if I remember correctly).  Always found them pleasant to drive and got good economy between 56-64 mpg. Mine had a 6 speed gearbox, the wife’s a 5 speed. The 6 speed was definitely a nicer more relaxed drive.  They were a 58 and a 59 plate, and I pretty sure neither had the diesel particulate filter. Those with a dpf will be a pain to drive, especially low distance journeys at below motorway speeds, as they will always want to activate the dpf system. I would avoid any car with dpf if you only doing low annual mileage/shorter/lower speed journeys. Only problem we had was a failed water pump which wasn’t expensive to replace.

To Brian, seems rather harsh statement re Toyota especially as you don’t know the cause of the failure. I don’t take any serious notice of comments like yours with so little info to back the statement.                

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
On 07/02/2020 at 11:30 PM, beprint said:

Hi have an auris. Constant problems with engine lighta and several visits to several Toyota dealerships with engine light problems. I was driving today and hear a big bang and the car shuddered to a stop. Oil coming from the exhaust and oil dripping from the engine. Still waiting on definitive prognosis but I don't think Toyota are not the cars they used to be and after forking out for a new  engine I will be moving away from Toyota.

That sound like the turbo has gone , could be down to bad oil low oil or not servicing regularly or just in general unlucky turbo