Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Advice please which model?

Nawsad

Hi I've decided to buy an IQ for my daily commute of between 90 & 120 miles (round trip) from rural Staffs to built up Brum. The travelling is about 30% country lanes, 50% A roads or motorway, rest urban. I've decided I want the kit on the 2 model at least but have had conflicting advice from dealers re the following so was wondering if you experts can help? I like the idea of the 1.3 as it should in theory be quicker but dealers say hardly any difference? I also like autos (M6 stop start is a pain) and I read somewhere the 1.3 auto is a 'proper' auto and much better than on the 1.0 cars? What's your advice - 1.3 over the 1.0... And 1.3 auto over the 1.0 auto? Anything averaging 50+ is fine by me so unless you tell me the 1.3 (manual or auto) doesn't do this I'm not that fusses if I drop a little if there are benefits in power/acceleration/gearbox. Almost Finally leather and sat Nav... I like leather but rare.. Worth holding out for? Built in Sat nav always looks nice but expensive to upgrade? Am I right? Lastly mileage... I know 2010 + have 5 year warranty and most cars are fairly low mileage... As I work 24/7 shifts and the car will be used quite hard would I be OK with an older or higher mileage car? Sorry for all the questions but don't want to buy one model to then find I would be better off with the other lol (been there got the tee shirt ha ha) any help or advice appreciated... Oh and im looking to spend up to 5k... Maybe a little more... But hopefully less :-) Thanks all D

Hello Daryl - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

Depends what you mean by a 'proper auto'. Both the 1.0 and the 1.33 autos are CVT's (Continuously Variable Transmission), rather than an automated manual or a torque convertor automatic.

One can download some previous model brochures from https://www.toyota.co.uk/caring-for-your-toyota/owners/vehicle-information.json  - this includes the brochure for the IQ. The brochure will also provide performance details, etc for the 1.0 litre and 1.33 in both manual and automatic forms.

As regards the Toyota five year/100,000 mile new car warranty, this was introduced by Toyota UK for vehicles first registered on or after 1st June 2010. Vehicles first registered before this date came with the 3 year/60,000 mile new car warranty that the rest of Europe has.

Post moved to the IQ club.

Go for the 1.3 engine. We find the 1.0 runs out of puff on inclines...

Hi

I do roughly the same, 92 mls round trip but a14 and m6 , mines an iq3  59 plate,manual, 91k miles  ,85 k on this job for the last 4 or 5 years, never missed a beat, 50 to 55 mpg depending on the time of year. 

If I was you it'd be the iq3 , but manual , they're better on mpg, got the grunt for motorway work, jnc 2 to jnc3 on m6 is a bit of rat race, up to 90 some mornings

If you can find a low mileage example though, mine had about 5k on the clock when I bought it, ex demo , well kitted

Tony

• Like 1

1.33 manual :)

I tried the 1.0 before i bought my 1.33 manual to be honest i couldn't tell the difference on the two test drives i know the mpg is better on the 1.0 but i do quite a lot of motorway driving so i thought i go bigger and i haven't been let down although when it spot a hill it dose run out of puff unless you drop a couple of gear.  I also tested the the 1.33 auto and wasn't impressed especially on hills and from what people are saying here the mpg is effected.  I also went for one with the satnav couldn't coupe with the standard cd player.