Do Not Sell My Personal Information

mmt auto

codman

hi all .hoping for some advice , just bought a aygo move mmt auto 2013 with 3000 mls on the clock,when in slow moving traffic,it seems to run to fast , I have to keep hitting the brake to slow it down, shuld the car still move with your foot of the brake ? if yes mine seems to move to fast, is this normal thanks.

Bear in mind the MMT isn't a true automatic like the IQ - it is a manual gearbox with automated clutch. So if stationery in traffic, ideally the transmission should be in neutral, otherwise you'll be wearing the clutch.

Yes, unfortunately it is normal, this used to happen to me with my Auris MMT. When you're stopped in traffic then lift your foot off the brake the ECU automatically speeds up the engine to around 1200 revs (or at least mines did). I complained about it because I felt the same as you, constantly braking etc in stop and go traffic but they told me it was part of the hill start feature the cars had. When the accelerator recall programme was on the go I even tried pressurising them a bit more saying this feature was causing "Unintended Acceleration" - a phrase which Toyota lawyers were particularly nervous about - but couldn't get anywhere with them. 

This is not my experience with our MMT Aygo (2008 model). It has a creep function that is only slight and barely noticed. So as long as your foot is off the accelerator it should only creep forward and no lurch while on the first gear. It does have the problem with wrong gear selection, hesitation and lurch at round abouts sometimes (almost an inbuilt character of MMT).

• Like 1

I have an MMT Aygo, as said above it should be able to creep forward in first gear or creep backwards in reverse. One of my dash cam video compilations should show what it should do properly.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, codman said:

hi all .hoping for some advice , just bought a aygo move mmt auto 2013 with 3000 mls on the clock,when in slow moving traffic,it seems to run to fast , I have to keep hitting the brake to slow it down, shuld the car still move with your foot of the brake ? if yes mine seems to move to fast, is this normal thanks.

thanks for all your replies, that said I have had 6 cars with the same sort of box, not one of them crept forward when stopped in traffic in gear, with the aygo it creeps forward to fast you have to constantly brake , otherwise you hit the car in front,

I've driven autos (CVT and MMT) for 9 years now and all need braking to actually stop, which I thought was the idea? I then secure the Aygo with the handbrake on the hills and if necessary pop into neutral if its road work traffic lights

what I am getting at it wont creep slow enough, in slow moving traffic without keep breaking, I have to keep my foot on the break while moving to slow it down, I repeat had 6 cars, smart for 2, 2 Honda jazz ,citroen c3 Picasso, Toyota iq fiat qubo  ,vw up, and none of them did it, only the aygo dose it.

You are comparng a couple of different types of transmission - the Jazz and the IQ are CVT's and the others are automated manuals (manual gearboxes with automated clutches).

On 15 March 2016 at 7:31 PM, codman said:

Has the car been like this since you bought it or have you noticed a change suddenly?