Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Car advice

iamnicolas

Yaris with the touch screen will either have Toyota's Touch or Touch2 system. Navigation was an option, which one can add, but be aware that updates are expensive.

Toyota GB's five year/100,000 mile new car warranty is transferable. Whether the warranty is still valid will depend on whether the car has been serviced in line with Toyota's service schedule - services required every 12 months or 10,000 miles, whichever occurs first.

Under Block Exemption owners may have their vehicles serviced outside the manufacturer's dealer network at a VAT registered garage, and retain the warranty, provided the manufacturer's service schedule has been adhered to (see above), and provided parts of equivalent quality have been used. In the event of a warranty claim, the onus will be on the owner to prove these two requirements, have been met - so detailed invoices would need to be kept of work done outside the dealer network. Self servicing won't satisfy these requirements. The same conditions would apply to any manufacturer, not just Toyota.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iamnicolas said:

Does the SR has parking sensors?

They are not as standard , but they are an optional extra. It has a reversing camera which is more than adequate for parking maneuvers. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lustral said:

They are not as standard , but they are an optional extra. It has a reversing camera which is more than adequate for parking maneuvers. 

Does your has the Navigation system? Do you know how much it will cost to add it if is not installed in the car? 

Just now, iamnicolas said:

Does your has the Navigation system? Do you know how much it will cost to add it if is not installed in the car? 

Yeah i have the Nav on mine , it was thrown in free of charge when i got the car. Im guessing you can get the GPS module to add to the existing Touch , but they are quite expensive. Circa £500-£700 ... 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lustral said:

Yeah i have the Nav on mine , it was thrown in free of charge when i got the car. Im guessing you can get the GPS module to add to the existing Touch , but they are quite expensive. Circa £500-£700 ... 

Thank you! 

The Swift and Yaris are the most fuel efficient of all 3 cars ( fiesta, swift, yaris) . I like both! I don't know haha! The Fiesta is thirst but is nice too !

The Fiesta infotainment system is tiny compared to the Yaris. and it looks a bit naff as well. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lustral said:

The Fiesta infotainment system is tiny compared to the Yaris. and it looks a bit naff as well. 

That is true! The yaris interior looks nicer and modern comparing to the fiesta! The suzuki is a bit dull and looks old school.  I think i will try to find an SR with navigation already installed.

2 hours ago, Lustral said:

Unless the road's wet, when it quickly gets covered and the image is obscured.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bathtub tom said:

Unless the road's wet, when it quickly gets covered and the image is obscured.

It has to be proper wet and dirty to render the camera totally usable. If it is just normal rain , it should be still ok. but a quick wipe sorts it out. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lustral said:

Is the sat nav any good? like tomtom or google maps? 

33 minutes ago, iamnicolas said:

Is the sat nav any good? like tomtom or google maps? 

Again it is ok , but I hardly use mine , I prefer using my iPhone with the Waze app , I also have TomTom installed just in case.

• Like 1

On 3/16/2016 at 8:53 PM, iamnicolas said:

Hello guys! I am looking for an automatic car. At first i was thinking to buy an IQ but is too small and i also saw an auris but the insurance is much more expensive for me.

Now i am considering the Fiesta and the Yaris. I am also thinking about the Polo with dsg and the suziki swift but i heard that dsg is not very reliable and the boot of the swift is very small.

I drove an iq and a yaris (today) with the cvt gearbox and it was ok. Any advice for the Yaris? Anyone owned/drove both the fiesta and yaris? ( or any of the others)

Hi,

If you need any help with insurance at all for any vehicle you are looking at then please feel free to drop me a line. I'd be only too pleased to help.

Regards,

Dan.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Lustral said:

Again it is ok , but I hardly use mine , I prefer using my iPhone with the Waze app , I also have TomTom installed just in case.

Ok i am not gonna look for a car with it! I have my iPhone and now you can download google maps offline and use it as waze too! 

Anyone has any experience with a Suzuki Swift ???

22 minutes ago, iamnicolas said:

Anyone has any experience with a Suzuki Swift ???

Only the Swift Sport older version with the 5 speed manual. A lot quicker than any Yaris's , however that boot is tiny. Handling is pretty good if not better than the Yaris , but the ride is very firm though.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lustral said:

Only the Swift Sport older version with the 5 speed manual. A lot quicker than any Yaris's , however that boot is tiny. Handling is pretty good if not better than the Yaris , but the ride is very firm though.

reliability ? vs yaris?

10 minutes ago, iamnicolas said:

reliability ? vs yaris?

I would say as good to be honest , no turbo or anything to worry about

• Like 1

Hi all, i have a cvt yaris and find it very smooth and easy on fuel. my previous car was a MK2 yaris with the 1.33 engine 6 speed and i found the fuel economy about the same. the cvt can be noisy on hard acceleration but its over quickly. i do miss the clever rear seats of the MK2. my daughter has a manual swift which is an excellent car but not as quick as the cvt yaris.  85bhp v 100bhp. i also believe that the swift automatic is an automated manual, similar to the MK2 yaris auto box, which sometimes can be a jerky change on hard acceleration. i do find the heater in the cvt yaris slower at worming up, the coolant passes through the cvt box on these cars, so there is more coolant taking longer to heat up.

• Like 1

T

2 hours ago, baldyken said:

Hi all, i have a cvt yaris and find it very smooth and easy on fuel. my previous car was a MK2 yaris with the 1.33 engine 6 speed and i found the fuel economy about the same. the cvt can be noisy on hard acceleration but its over quickly. i do miss the clever rear seats of the MK2. my daughter has a manual swift which is an excellent car but not as quick as the cvt yaris.  85bhp v 100bhp. i also believe that the swift automatic is an automated manual, similar to the MK2 yaris auto box, which sometimes can be a jerky change on hard acceleration. i do find the heater in the cvt yaris slower at worming up, the coolant passes through the cvt box on these cars, so there is more coolant taking longer to heat up.

Thank you!. I think the 2010-onwards swift is a 4 speed conventional auto gearbox and the car has 93bhp.  The only thing that i like on the swift is that it has keyless entry, all around electric windows and cruise control BUT the boot is smaller. The Yaris does not have all that but has huge boot an a more desirable Badge! I dont know! 

Moreover, the Yaris dashboard looks more upmarket but it feels cheaper than the swift! 

When is the new Yaris expected to launch? 2018?

Toyota's model cycles have tended to be around six years. Given that, the next generation Yaris may be due 2017 with the next generation Auris in 2018. 

• Like 1

Thank you! All the cars am looking at will have new ones coming next year! Hmmm!

Have you looked at the Mazda 2?  Or the CX-3 (which uses the same floorpan as the 2, so it's still a small car but you sit higher).

We have a petrol Mazda 3 and a diesel Mazda 6, both autos, and both are a great drive.  I also drove a CX-3 diesel manual which was nice too.  The CX-3 is available with the same 2 litre petrol auto as fitted to our Mazda 3, which has bags of power and still returns about 40 MPG on the daily commute, and can get towards 50 MPG pretty easily on the open road.

They're all nice inside too and well kitted, the Mazda 2 has a leather stitched dash etc which really adds a touch of class over some other rivals.

Have you looked at the Mazda 2?  Or the CX-3 (which uses the same floorpan as the 2, so it's still a small car but you sit higher).

We have a petrol Mazda 3 and a diesel Mazda 6, both autos, and both are a great drive.  I also drove a CX-3 diesel manual which was nice too.  The CX-3 is available with the same 2 litre petrol auto as fitted to our Mazda 3, which has bags of power and still returns about 40 MPG on the daily commute, and can get towards 50 MPG pretty easily on the open road.

They're all nice inside too and well kitted, the Mazda 2 has a leather stitched dash etc which really adds a touch of class over some other rivals.

The insurance for mazda 2 is more expensive. For cx3 is sky high for me.

Guys do you think that if i buy a 2011-2012 yaris this year the prices will drop drastically when the new one comes out next year or do this kind of cars keep their value?