Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

toyota avensis t3-s d4d 53 estate 205 55 16 tyres

jem555

hi was wondering what the best make of 205 55 16 tyres are the best to use on my 53 plate avensis d4d estate 

The best tyre for you will depend on your priorities, but each tyre sold in the UK has a sticker with various ratings on from a to g i think for noise, economy, wet grip, wear rate etc. Personally as mentioned recently in this forum, I prefer Michelin because they are hands down the best technology-wise, which translated in my case to a tyre that actually saved me a noticeable amount of money at the pump, with very low noise but yet reasonable wear rate. That was the Michelin energy saver. I liked them so much I just bought another full set today. Not the cheapest by any means at 75 quid a corner though, but the last ones wore all the way to the bars and never needed rebalancing unlike the Pirellis I had before which were also double noisy. In the end your choice will be dictated by your priorities, but I can recommend the Michelins, if 300 for the set is on the cards. You won't be disappointed.

In their latest test, Which Best Buys were:

Continental PremiumContact 5 (score 70%)

Dunlop SP Sport FastResponse (69%)

Other tyres tested were:

Bridgestone Turanza T001 (66%)

Semperit Speed-Life (65%)

Pirelli Cinturato P7 (57%)

Hankook Kinergy Eco K425 (55%)

Kumho Ecsta HM KH31 (50%)

Yokohama C.Drive 2 (50%)

Uniroyal RainExpert (50%)

Fulda EcoControl HP (46%)

Nexen N8000 (40%)

On my Yaris (175/65R14) the PCP5's were really nice tyres - Quiet, high grip in all conditions - Only major gripe is they wear down reallly quickly.

Previously set were Cooper CS2's and they were... not great.

Currently on Dunlop Street Response 2's and they've been really good so far - High grip, good wear; Only downside is they're super noisy.

Michelin Primacy 3s, Goodyear Efficientgrips, Conti Premium contact 5s

I have Bridgestone Turanza T001s and they are pretty good but I'll be replacing with Michelins next time.

There are lots of tests done with 205 55 16s as it's a common size http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Article/2015-European-Tyre-Test-205-55-R16.htm

• 3 weeks later...

Dunlop Sport BluResponse are good for noise, economy and dry grip. Do OK in the wet, but not brilliant in deep water. They won the auto express 2015 award I think. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links