Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

aygo 2013 front tweeter replacement

Aygoice

Hi

i have read the posts on here about replacing the front tweeters in my 2014 ice with normal 10cm Speakers and still am at a loss to what to do as no one has answered this yet.

so here goes!

1. can you buy a connector that keeps the original plug in the dashboard and has a lead to go to the new 10cm speaker.

2. what depth speaker is the maximum you can fit in the dash.

3. if there is no plug then can you just bridge the connections back to the door Speakers and then run a fly lead from the original plug to the new speaker.

4. If anyone has done this does it make much difference to the sound or is it just easier to do the door Speakers, If so how easy to get the panel off and are there any guides.

any recommendations for the door and tweeter replacements and do you need the adapter rings for the doors.

i did phone 3 car stereo places about this issue and even they couldn't answer as they haven't done any aygo's.

thanks

j

• 1 month later...

Have you made any progress with this? (I'm in similar situation)

Hi

no. even the car radio places just say they would chop the wires and then add own plug to a new speaker.  two wires feedback to the door so you connect those to complete loop

To be honest i just havent bothered with changing any of them the benefit doesnt seem to be that good and most places just say put 2 x 9" on the parcel shelf and that will improve sound totally.

regards

j

Couldn't you just cut the wires off the old Speakers, and solder them on to the new one? It's only two wires and as long as you're careful and know which is positive and negative then there shouldn't be a problem?

It has a plug on the end with all four wires in.

• 11 months later...

Hi, i just bought an aygo and looking to replace the tweeters with normal 4" 2way speaker, but the tweeters are 4way.

Did you get anywhere with yours?I  cant seem to find anything anywhere on this topic. Here's what i found when i looked at my tweeters in the dashboard.

Left side colours:  Black,Pink,Brown,Purple

Right Side colours:  White,Light Blue,Red,Blue

From what i noticed, if you unplug the tweeters the Speakers on the door stops working so they are interconnected.

Is there anyway to rewire them correctly for a 2way speaker? otherwise the only option left is to re-wire new sets from the radio.

2017-04-11 17.09.16.jpg

2017-04-11 17.08.35.jpg

HI

first thing i found was the same as you. The wires are interconnected so if you disconnect it stops the door Speakers working. The other thing is the door Speakers are not standard so you need the CT25TY05 adapter ring. i have spoken to a couple of stereo shops and they said unless you are going to upgrade the amp to the Speakers then really its not worth the bother and just advised putting decent parcel shelf speakers in.

Mines still under toyota warranty so i didnt want to play around with it much.

j

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links