Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gen4 Prius sanitary-ware solution

AEB-UK

Spoke yesterday to with salesman at Oxford Toyota (inchcape).

They will colour-code the white stuff to match the exterior if you want.

• Like 1

Ah! now that's a positive move.

I had a two hour loan/drive of a Prius today and was really pleased with the progress in ride, handling, smoothness and quietness.  Wife and son liked the looks and interior until Mrs saw the sanitary ware.  "What's that!" she said, "It looks naff - you can't buy a car with that."

I told the dealer I would be ordering a car when they offer different options for the sanitary ware.  I was thinking a pearlescent charcoal grey or gloss black might be suitable.

• Like 1

they will just paint it which of course means that it will be prone to scratching (but can be touched up).

Yes painting is not acceptable . It looks like moulded self-coloured "plastic" and presumably can be any colour.   I personally wouldn't accept a sprayed one.

I mean it is positive in the sense that dealers are clearly not happy about the item and don't want to lose sales over it. 

I will wait for a proper option from Toyota.

Many of the exterior plastic parts on cars come in one colour and are painted to match the colour of the car.  Should work for the inside plastic too.

• Like 1

Does this remind anyone of anything?

st_20160327_jsdorm_2169318.jpg.d0388fb55

Sorry, couldn't resist! It's in a student hostel in Singapore.

• Like 1

In Japan, there is an option for a  "Portable toilet (simple set) use installed in the vehicle, it is a simple toilet of an emergency." (Google translation). cost 8,100 yen. It looks a bit more salubrious than the Singapore option.

On 22/03/2016 at 3:55 PM, Heidfirst said:

they will just paint it which of course means that it will be prone to scratching (but can be touched up).

I think a good part of a modern car is made out of plastic, and then painted, so I think it would be a robust enough finish.

I must admit at first I thought it looked strange, but it is growing on me the more I see it.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Does anybody know if caps are available in black , grey or any non reflective material for the white bits? I am waiting for a solution  before I order.

The toilet should at least have a fabric lining to stop pens and keys rattling like mad around the shiny plastic. I have used a home made cloth liner and it looks and performs better like that, the charging mat does not work with Apple phones so my phone now sits in plush comfort on the cloth. This and the zigzag back lights are quite off-putting, but the drive and general performance easily outweigh these niggles.

• 2 months later...

Good news, I hope, I have a car on order with delivery forecast late December. I requsted black not white inside. Today I have been told the white problem  has been solved and it is hoped mine will have the black console. Not definite but at least Toyota have admitted the white was not to everyonesay taste and a solution has been found. I live in hope.  

My car is on order for March, so I hope this isnt for all cars as I love the white interior would not like it to be black! :sad:

Just checked the configurator and it's now shows a black console :angry:  I much prefer the white. Black is going to scratch like crazy and show every speck of dust!

Looks like it from what I can see. At least they have left the gear selector surround and steering wheel untouched. 

Personally, I can take or leave the white but SWMBO hates it so I was thinking of changing it, but not to shiny black. I would have preferred a soft touch carbon fibre colour. I was thinking of having mine dipped but that may not be very durable unless I cover it with a hard laquer. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Harters said:

Looks like it from what I can see. At least they have left the gear selector surround and steering wheel untouched. 

I hope you are wrong. the gear selector surround and steeing wheel should also be black. preferably  matt black but any colour  other than white.  I too would prefer a sensible carbon understated colour but white is so low rent. it makes the whole car look cheap.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cviclark said:

I hope you are wrong. the gear selector surround and steeing wheel should also be black. preferably  matt black but any colour  other than white.  I too would prefer a sensible carbon understated colour but white is so low rent. it makes the whole car look cheap.

I have seen cars on American sites where there have changed it all to black and it looks pretty grim in my opinion. 

I think the white looks funky and modern  good job we are not all the same I guess.

It appears as above if you choose a Business edition + or Excel with the dark interior you will get a Gloss black centre console however you still have a white gearshift surround and steering wheel trim, if you choose the light Grey trim you retain the all white trim set. Toyota have yet to confirm this but the option has appeared on cars produced from Oct 2016 onwards.

For those looking to change their centre console the new part numbers are:

58821-47041-C0 Console, gloss black
58921-47021-C0 Armrest trim, gloss black
58803-47011-C0 Lower cup holder trim, black
861C0-47010-C0 QI Charger, gloss black

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Devon Aygo said:

It appears as above if you choose a Business edition + or Excel with the dark interior you will get a Gloss black centre console however you still have a white gearshift surround and steering wheel trim, if you choose the light Grey trim you retain the all white trim set. Toyota have yet to confirm this but the option has appeared on cars produced from Oct 2016 onwards.

For those looking to change their centre console the new part numbers are:

58821-47041-C0 Console, gloss black
58921-47021-C0 Armrest trim, gloss black
58803-47011-C0 Lower cup holder trim, black
861C0-47010-C0 QI Charger, gloss black

Thanks for that. Do you know what the parts cost, and what the labour bill is likely to be ? 

• Like 1

Thanks for the information.  

I am glad they are not changing the gear shift surround and steering wheel, so there will still be some relief from a fully black interior :smile: 

Guess I will have to have a duster to hand for my OCD :biggrin:

23 hours ago, Harters said:

I have seen cars on American sites where there have changed it all to black and it looks pretty grim in my opinion. 

I think the white looks funky and modern  good job we are not all the same I guess.

I feel the same way, and it goes nicely with my "cool grey" interior.

Many years ago I looked at Carina E, but didn't even take the test drive.  It was 100% black inside, and I'd have wanted to slash my wrists after spending a day in it.

• Like 1

Had a call from my dealer today and he has confirmed that my Excel I am picking up on 1st March will have the white console.  I am pleased as punch that I have the white and not the black :biggrin:

He said there are now two Excels – Excel 1 (White Console) and Excel 2 (Black Console) and he said 100% mine is Excel 1.  I guess as I ordered it in early October it has gone through the order process before they made the changes.

Result!!! :smile:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Harters said:

Had a call from my dealer today and he has confirmed that my Excel I am picking up on 1st March will have the white console.  I am pleased as punch that I have the white and not the black :biggrin:

He said there are now two Excels – Excel 1 (White Console) and Excel 2 (Black Console) and he said 100% mine is Excel 1.  I guess as I ordered it in early October it has gone through the order process before they made the changes.

Result!!! :smile:

Happy days H.:thumbsup:

• Like 1

I asked for black and 15"  wheels but do not know what will come as mine is a B+. Delivery is now expected before Christmas. I am driving a loner Auris Hatch at present  and fuel consumption is no better than my Auris Ts (50 ish) which confirms my suspicions that low profile tyres significantly increase cost of ownership and pollution while decreases mpg. If this is the same for all  it  is time dealers and manufacturers did more to promote normal wheels.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links