Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New owner - our first ever Toyota

cheeseman

Hello all,

It's my wife's car actually, but I'll have the joy of driving it over any moderate length journeys :-).

It's a late 2006 Corolla 2.0 Diesel.  I was looking for another Japanese car to replace my wife's rather decrepit, but still reliable 1.4 Micra, which I now have possession of. My last 2 cars were Japanese (Mazda and Nissan) and as I was sold on their reliability, I wanted another one to replace the Nissan.  Hopefully the Toyota will live up to the reputation.  I've heard some bad things about the AD 2.0 Diesel engine but ours seems to have the CD engine, which I think is much more reliable.  I'll post a quick query about this elsewhere here.

Thanks for having such a forum.  It's always a big relief to know that there's somewhere you can post about things that you might need to find out from the more experienced around.

Gareth

Hello Gareth - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

The 2.0 litre D4D diesel engine used in the Corolla was the 1CD-FTV engine. 

Hi all, and thanks for the welcome!

I've posted a couple of questions in the Corolla section and if anyone has any knowledge on D4D cambelts I'd appreciate some advice.

Thanks,

Gareth