Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2009 - 2011 mk3 K&N panel filter

SAM LOVERS HER TOYOTAS

Hi All

Just curious if anybody on the forum have tried out a K & N panel filter and whether they have had any issues, any maf sensor issues, any noticeable increase in power output, engine sounds, mpg even???

I have already ordered mine, just thought I'd ask, I have used Pipercross panel filters before, was nothing special in terms of torques or sounds, but I have never tried K & N before.

I look forward to hearing from you guys.

Sammy

I've never had any time for these K & N type filters, i think most of the performance gained is in the drivers head because you get a louder induction roar. If you want to improve the induction flow into an engine (normally aspirated or otherwise) you need to direct the air into a plenum chamber first. Years (and years) ago they tried to improve the air flow with motor bikes by putting the carburettors facing forwards into the airstream to get ram air effect and all they got was stalling. Not good, ask any pilot.

The standard air box / air filter arrangement on the Avensis is a good blend of plenum chamber, efficient filtration and silencer. I'd leave well alone. 

So I would expect there to be a difference but for it to be marginal.  I ran a K&N filter on an old 600cc bike but it was part of a big package of work done.  The thing that I remember most is that the whole washing, drying, re-oiling  saga at service time was a right pain in the butt and the filter took several attempts to ensure it was fully covered with the red oil.  Took as long to sort the filter as it did the rest of the bike - to the point that I wished I had a second filter so I could have one ready to go at service time and I could deal with the dirty one in slow time. Good job I wasn't paying for servicing as it would probably have added £40 labour to the bill.

Tried the pipercross in my i30 nothing gained look on YouTube for mighty mods or something like that.they blow the theory out of the water on these filters.they don't seem to work .I'd of thought they would need to be tuned to get any effect...but keep your old filter for when you need to service/clean re-oil your k&n filter.so pop in old one while waiting on new to dry out...p.s don't over oil it.good luck👍

If it's extra horses you want isn't there a magic box available?  I'd think it'd do more than an air filter.

Hi Guys

Thank you for your input, its not the horses that I am looking for, to be honest, I won it cheap on E Bay, and from past experience, I don't know, may be its my imagination, but they seem to give a very slight but better drone and that little kick, like I said, it must be me lol.

We'll throw it in one weekend and I will report back! I can tell you guys cant wait!! lol

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links