Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

major electrical problem

DRC58

Hi all, Hope you can advise/help me with this one.

I have a 52 plate 1.4 vvti. 

a couple days ago she started to miss fire just got to work as the engine management light started flashing. Parked her up and switched her off.

today the boss asked me to start her up and put her into the workshop so he ( an engineer in agricultural machines ) could put his diagnostic unit on to see what the problem was.She started on the third try, turned key and nothing happened just a click, once started she drove reasonably well for the 50 yards then cut out halfway into workshop. she would not start after that and to make things worse there are no lights on the dash at all bar the door open and oil light. There is nothing to show the ignition is on at all, nothing on the mileometer, the radio only shows the time, she turns over but that is all. when he connected diagnostic it just kept saying Ignition not on. I checked the fuses etc and they all look ok. 

has anyone got any ideas what the problem could be and how to solve it.

Much appreciated.

Dave

Yusuf

Battery is new at only 4 months old.

Plenty of power in it as it turns engine over nicely.

getting a local auto electrician out soon hopefully to have a look, on the company too.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links