Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Air Conditioning

Meld

Towards the back end of last year, the IQ didn't seem to be cooling as well as it ought.  Over the winter, it's not been an issue, although it has been noticeable that the drying effect of the air con on damp mornings has become almost non existent.  Now we've had a couple of warm(ish!) days, i decided it was time to do something about it.  A work colleague recommended a local guy, so I got him to do a home visit and check the system.  Sure enough, there was no gas and a leak was found at the bottom of the condenser.  I dread to think what Toyota want for the part, but this guy charges £250 all in, which didn't  seem like a bad deal.  It took him about 90 mins to fit it and re-gas, all done on my drive.  

Apparently, it's the only IQ he's ever worked on, but was a pretty easy job.  He did contrast that with Smarts which apparently need pretty much the whole of the front of the car taken to bits.

So, if anyone in the Derby area has similar problems, I'll happily recommend www.mistercool.co.uk

• Like 1

Hopefully I'll never need it but thanks for the heads up.