Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Just got a Rav4 2.5 Hybrid AWD Excel

andyfr

Hi

Picked it up on Wednesday and am really impressed with it. Been driving diesels since 1990 so a big change to go for a hybrid.

IMG_0515.thumb.JPG.0d36fee4feb5e5807b494

• Like 2

Nice, still last week of July for mine, so you were lucky.

I went for a test drive on Monday and they happened to have a cancelled order with sat nav and a tow bar, neither of which I would have specified and not in the colour I would have chosen, but they offered me a great deal.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks great, ordered mine in early January,  Hybrid Icon in White Pearl,  estimated date is end of June (only an estimate!) so more of a wait, likewise always drove diesels, just have to wait a crazy 6 months for a RAV!!  at least I have been compensated for the delay, hope you enjoy yours it looks great

Thanks! I must admit that the White Pearl has grown on me, apart from keeping it clean that is. Really impressed with it so far, so quiet and I find it very relaxing to drive.

Picked mine up today, will report later this month.... 

So does your profile need updating??

• 1 month later...

Well,  mine has turned up unexpectedly at the dealer, so I am collecting it tomorrow,  appears they are clearing the backlog of RAV Hybrids quicker than expected,as mine was due in 5 weeks.

Congratulations!

Hi andyfr, first of all congratulations on your hybrid and to me you have an excellent model, AWD and in you have bought the colour I would of bought for myself, so nope, nope, nope I am not jealous at all haha.

I think congratulate you are in a position to afford such a nice car and I hope you get many miles of trouble free driving from your well made and designed and very advanced vehicle. Do keep us posted on how you get on with it, the seem to be selling themselves but it would be nice to read actual owners actual accounts of their cars, be it you feel it has a design or that you are thrilled to bits with it which I hope you really are.

Good luck to you and I am sure many other TOC members think exactly the same way.

All the best Mike.

• Like 1

The opinions expressed on hybrids have been split from this thread due to digression - the thread these opinions have been moved to is  

which has been moved to the Hybrids/Toyota Prius club, and thus opened out to others with an interest or otherwise in hybrids. So if members wish to continue their discussions on hybrids, please do so in the new thread.

Very nice, like the wheels. Enjoy your new vehicle.:smile:

• Like 1

Looking good - suits white.

How is the ride? I had a test drive in the 2WD version and thought it wasn't so good over potholes at low speed. Wonder if the 4WD Icon is any different.

10 hours ago, myriagon said:

Looking good - suits white.

How is the ride? I had a test drive in the 2WD version and thought it wasn't so good over potholes at low speed. Wonder if the 4WD Icon is any different.

I drove it around a bit today,  up a gravel track (we have horses!) and did not find potholes a problem, I read reviews saying it crashed a shook the cabin when you went over any holes but I did not find that on the test drive or with this one. Its very nice, having moved from a diesel RAV its a change but the ride, silence and comfort are all worth it. I have TSS which is also a good addition, reading the road signs works, parking assist is much better etc,  all round its fab.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's all about the Icon alloys :-) looks the dogs.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links