Do Not Sell My Personal Information

sills access for waxoyling

gezhenry

Anyone know how to gain access into the sills to get waxoyling stuff into them

Oh ive got a gen 7 celica if that helps

Cheers gez

Well I've just done mine and what I done was to carefully remove both plastic side skirts which have screwed fixings at front and back and pull out plastic clips underneath after which again carefully pull the skirts away from the car. Once they are removed there are a series of holes to inject the waxoyl.

Hope this helps.

Oh hiya mark hey cheers for that yeah I have noticed the plastic skirts was there no entry points without actually taking them off and what were yours like were they rusty are those plastic covers for rust protection and had they done there job cheers for that gez

Hi gez, there are no other real entry points but its a good idea to remove them because they do accumulate a lot of road dirt behind them which would i believe in time cause major corrosion problems, no your best bet is to remove them in order to pump a good and even amount of waxoyl throughout the sills also my sills were in good condition.

Thanks.

Hey brilliant cheers for that mark info i'll crack on with that one then dyou know if they're are any other areas that the gen 7 celicas are prone to rusting in the long term to pay attention to in advance ? ( my cars from the coast and I've heard they may rust a bit towards the rear) cheers for your help and info btw

Hi gez, well basically I have been rite through mine removing any plastic liners also before I did any waxoyling I pressure washed the underneath as well as I could and allowed to dry. There are also some black plastic and rubber blanking plugs dotted around that you can remove to pump waxoyl in.

Regards

Mark.