Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Prius 4 delayed because of fault

RunningInPleasePass

I have been informed that my Prius 4 will be delayed by a day, because it has been sent from the factory requiring a small job to be carried out by the dealer, apparently the job only takes minutes, but it has to be done before the car can be handed over.

I have difficulty believing this, but I wonder if any body else has heard of this problem?

It could be a small ding in the bodywork, not unheard of, they'll probably carry out a smart repair on it.

I would ask them to clarify what the  small job is and if it is bodywork, I'd ask for a discount.

If the sales guy can be believed, he says it's a very small mod to the suspension, he has three other customers effected by the same thing.

Toyota released a bulletin affecting a small amount of cars where a bolt of the incorrect type may have been fitted to the front lower wishbone, the fix was really simple swap the affected bolt for a new one so yes the salesman is correct 

• Like 1

Many thanks for the info.

Confirmed by a Toyota dealer, very small number in the earlier batches affected, apparently a quick fix,does not cause an immediate issue, seems to be being done more due to keeping specs correct than a safety matter.

Sent from my iPad using Toyota OC

• Like 1

Thanks for the information.

I collected the car yesterday, your right about it being a spec issue, the guy said they had to swap some bolts, but he could see no difference between the ones he took out and the replacements.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links