Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris over accelerating when changing gear from 1 to 2

jackmaverick

Hi,

I bought my Toyota Auris 1.6 petrol 2013 last week and I noticed that when it is at neutral gear and I push the accelerator and release it, the car rpm go up and continue going up even when I have already released the accelerator, it is like the accelerator had got stuck (but the pedal isn't, I already checked that). Same thing happens when the car is in 1st gear and I accelerate and release the accelerator to change to 2nd gear.

Does anybody know what could be happening?

Thanks in advanced for any help.

Totally normal, this caught me out when i first got my auris 1.6 2011

Im sure others here who are technically minded can explain why this happens ,possibily something to do with the connection between acc pedal and engine being What they call ....drive by wire....in that the tradional mechanical linkage being replaced by software technology...hence the couple of seconds delay...

You get used to it and adapt your driving style ,eventually you wont even notice it

As far as I'm aware it is something to do with emissions control. My last three Toyotas (one Corolla and two Auris) have had this feature, and you soon learn to ignore it.

Thanks guys. I was starting to get worried...

This was even an issue way back in 2008, dealer said it was normal.

Yep my 2009 Auris has always done this too.

Sent from my ASUS_Z008D using Tapatalk

The reason for the Revs holding/flaring after releasing the throttle are:

When releasing the throttle there will still be a small amount of unburnt fuel/air in the cylinders if this passes through to the catalysts in the long term it will damage them and emissions regulations don't allow for such high levels of hydrocarbons ( unburnt fuel ) to pass through the car anymore so the Engine ECU controls the shut off of fuel/air to ensure no unburnt fuel passes, this results in a slight delay in the revs dropping giving the revving sensation between gearshifts.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links