Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Double beeping

spideman887

We have had our new 2016 Toyota auris excel hybrid for a couple of weeks now and we love it,but we keep getting this annoying  double Beeping all the time,not just at speed cameras. We had a Yaris hybrid before which only double beeped when coming up to a speed camera. 

Any help appreciated thanks

I imagine that you have some version of Touch2 with Go. Could this possibly have audible warning if you are over the limit of the road by a certain amount/%?

Or do you have Toyota Safety Sense & it may be something to do with that?

We haven't got safety sense fitted but have touch and go 2 fitted but can't seem to find a setting for the beeping.

It has been discussed several times. 

On 1/18/2016 at 0:03 AM, Devon Aygo said:

3. The quick beeps are the safety camera warning from the sat nav

It happens where there's no cameras I had a Yaris before which only did it where cameras we're 

The fact there are no cameras on the road, doesn't mean there aren't in the navigation software as well :) Some people complained from camera inaccuracy, as well as traffic information inaccuracy.

Also, the system warns several hundred meters before a camera which also means that it is possible to change direction  before reaching the camera & therefore never seeing it ...

• 11 months later...

Hope nobody minds me reviving this post nearly a year later (could've started a new one, but not sure what the etiquette is). Anyway, I've only had the double beeping when approaching a speed camera, not at unexpected times (except maybe the odd occasion where a camera has been moved/decommissioned or whatever). However... since updating by TT2 with Go system to the latest version in January, it seems to have acquired a new feature. It has only done it twice, but was a bit bemusing as it wasn't obvious what was going on. As I approached the speed camera, it beeped twice as normal, but then started repeating the beeps and went on for probably the best part of 10 seconds, sounding a bit like a heart monitor! Haven't the foggiest what it was trying to tell me though. Any ideas?