Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A great coming together at slow speed

cooper12000

Hi all just a bit of a silly question as I realise its kinda a how long is a bit of string exercise.  I had a head on crash this morning at a slow speed with a ford Mondeo.  The other guy was happy there was no damage to his car however there is quite a bit to mine.

For the want of a better description the front bumper bar is pointing inwards and is sticking into the air con rad (front rad) and possibly into the main one slightly (billows of steam but no puddle and didn't show signs of leaking until it was moved onto the recovery truck).  There is something funny with the o/s/f wing but not sure what as all the panels seem to line up apart from the front edge of the bonnet. Bonnet opens and closes.  other than that the airbags didn't deploy so cant of been that harder crash.

How much would a front bumper bar and 2 new rads be including fitting from a main dealer (insurance company insisted on taking it there????)

many thanks

Ben

That's a big ball of string....and some! 

im just a little bemused as to why they sent it to a main dealers 2 towns over when there is a bigger dealership in my own town.

ok not happy with the quote I have been given it seems to be silly money but then again in some respects they have quoted for every tiny thing not just the accident damage.  The dealership have advised me that the insurance will write it off

3.5 grand seems a lot of money for a 5 mph shunt.  didn't even do any damage to the other car.