Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Navigation

OLALEYE

I had a similar issue on my T&G Plus after a few years where it would see the USB stick but not let you progress the update - I ended up with the whole head unit replaced under warranty.

re. 4.3.0H I think that you would find the system would say that a downgrade is not possible.

The dealer has already offered to have the vehicle in, and if necessary to replace the head unit. This was before the advent of 6.7.0, but knowing of the big update, I thought I would wait until it was available. Avoided trying the 4.3.0 version - could make things worse. Might need to take it in. Perhaps they have a new Prius spare for a couple of days? :)

On 17.4.2016 at 10:32 PM, Devon Aygo said:

I can't say if the new software will improve the system for you as I haven't had any issues. As for actually getting the update cars with Go Plus ( high grade ) get 3 years free map updates cars with Go ( low version ) do not usually get any free updates except that of the latest map guarantee which should be completed by your dealer prior to delivery. I don'y know what criteria is used to determine if you can have a free update but I had to ensure I driven more than 120km before I could use the request code from the car to get a free update as it stood my car was registered on 31st March and had 500 miles when I got the FUD option on My Toyota, same applied to my parents Yaris Hybrid registered 19th March with just under 1000 miles on it

I get my Auris Hybrid Style with Touch 2&GO (low version with map 4.5.0WL) on march 2016. Soon after that, I notice SET FUD-option on my Customer portal. Now the Customer portal have new look (updated) and I can not find SET FUD-option anymore. I will call tomorrow to Toyota Finland and ask them help...

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/15/2016 at 2:57 AM, OLALEYE said:
I have a March 2016 Rav4 Business edition, and hence expect the Satnav to be working comparatively as any Satnav on the market. But I am really frustrated with the working of my Satnav as the change-response time of the "arrow indicating the turn direction", "the guidance route", and "the current position" graphics is not real time, not dynamic, too slow, hence one ends up missing one's turn and exits, especially at roundabouts. This makes the Satnav almost useless if one is to wholly depend on the graphics at turns/bends/roundabouts, if there is no audible guidance!!

Please can you look into this, and advice of a fix for it. Has any one else raised this point before?

Thanks, awaiting your detailed reply.

ImageProxy.mvc?bicild=&canary=OMw%2b9Ndq 

I got the new 6.7.0 map update from my dealer yesterday for free, to see if it will cure my above problem. Testing it out. Good interface and not only to the navigational system but the whole multimedia system. So Its a map update combined with a total multimedia software update.

In the meantime, does anyone know how to repeat navigational audible instruction under the new map version? You only had too press the "ear icon" under the 4.4.0 version to repeat instruction at will.

Also, does anyone know how you can move the cursor into the MIDDLE (or any other point) of a word to edit it, without being forced to edit from the last character of the word by first deleting backwards?

That's good news. An update that works! In what form did you get the update Olaleye? Did they do it at the dealership, or give you a USB stick?

Cobh18, they installed it at the dealership, as they said that people, and even some dealerships, are still having bandwidth? problem to do the download themselves. My dealer had to consult another dealer to "borrow" the know-how from them.

• Like 1

Thanks. Well, from what you say at least one dealer knows what to do. Perhaps they paid for Harman to train their staff:)  I've already asked My Toyota  to provide guidance  re the difficulty I have had getting the Auris to read the 6.7.0H upgrade. They say consult Customer Services. So, having done that, CS are apparently consulting with My Toyota, and thank me for my patience. Could go on forever.  I'll try my dealer, with some trepidation, if CS and My Toyota continue playing pass the parcel!

Had a response from CS yesterday  but it doesn't seem aimed at the issue of getting the update onto my system. Aargh!

Response: "we have referred your comments to the My Toyota support department and they have advised as follows:

1) Unable to download map update :  Toyota's European Head Office (TME) has advised that you can download the map package at http://myportalcontent.toyota-europe.com/estore/assets/updates/Toyota/PR6.7.0H/6.7.0DMUH.zip with the activation code as FZM5-WFA7-P9BH-84PD.

2. The change of VIN on My Toyota : TME have confirmed that they have scheduled a database fix to take place on 18th May 2016 which should resolve this issue.  Please accept our apologies for the delay in this taking place and thank you for your patience in this respect." This relates to an unresponsive My Toyota page, so I can't get into vehicle details etc

The issue 1. above was not inability to download. I've got the unzipped files already, but the rejection of the downloaded file on USB, by the head unit.  

I've asked for a reply related to the error message shown on the head unit:

"Error text. Update not valid for this device” 

On point 2, I'll await changes. No rush. Just as well:)

If anything illuminating arrives I'll post it.

John

On 5/7/2016 at 7:55 PM, OLALEYE said:

I got the new 6.7.0 map update from my dealer yesterday for free, to see if it will cure my above problem. Testing it out. Good interface and not only to the navigational system but the whole multimedia system. So Its a map update combined with a total multimedia software update.

In the meantime, does anyone know how to repeat navigational audible instruction under the new map version? You only had too press the "ear icon" under the 4.4.0 version to repeat instruction at will.

Also, does anyone know how you can move the cursor into the MIDDLE (or any other point) of a word to edit it, without being forced to edit from the last character of the word by first deleting backwards?

Following the above, I had to escalate my case as below via the Resolver, as my Satnav problem remains:

I am contacting you in order to express my concerns and to raise a formal complaint as my original complaint has not been accepted. This happened on May 10th, 2016.

To explain in more detail Not getting maximum benefit and satisfaction from my new car due to the followings:

I bought a March 2016 brand new Rav4 Business edition, and hence expect the Satnav to be working comparatively as any Satnav on the market. But I am really frustrated with the working of my Satnav as the change-response time of the "arrow indicating the turn direction", "the guidance route", and "the current position" graphics is not real time, not dynamic, too slow, hence one ends up missing one's turn and exits, especially at roundabouts. This makes the Satnav almost useless if one is to wholly depend on the graphics at turns/bends/roundabouts, if there is no audible guidance!!

I wrote to my Toyota Dealership and Toyota Customer Services to look into this, and advice of a fix for it.

Toyota Customer Services escalated my complaint to their Case Management Team, and instructed their dealership to investigate the problem.

The dealership confirmed the problem in my car as real/evident/genuine and worthy of a customer's frustration over a product not performing to its best. But the dealership could not progress the case any further as the manufacturer's policy is that if other similar cars of the same spec as mine behave the same way (which is what they got the dealership to do) then the manufacturer will take no further action regardless of the validity of my complained problem - because according to the manufacturer - everything is working to spec - regardless of its (ironically) working "incorrectly" to spec!!

See dealership investigation report attached

I spoke to Toyota Customer Services manager (Claire) handling my case to disagree with the above, and demanding a fix to the problem, but she only re-confirmed their policy above.

To resolve this issue I would like you to find a fix for my Satnav problem, as the problem is real, confirmable, and genuine, and that because other similar cars in the fleet have the same problem should not be the barometer or criterion for not doing anything about it Now.

I consider this a very serious issue which has caused me an unnecessary amount of aggravation. I would like a response within 3 days with a view to resolving this issue within 7 days. If these timescales are not met, I will have no hesitation in escalating my complaint.

Please reply to my resolver email account as I would like to keep all of my communications in my personalised complaints case file.

Hello,

I hope someone can help me to solve my issue. On my Corolla I have 4.4.1WL installed and today I ordered the 6.7.0L update for free. Now I see the download link and the activation key at My Downloads but when I click on download nothing happens. I'm not able to download 6.7.0L files.

Does anyone else had this issue?

Is there an alternative download link available?

Best regards,

Daniel

An update.  We use an iMac, and and despite many attempts, no success with the transfer of data to the head unit. Decided therefore to use Boot Camp to run Windows on my iMac. 

Downloaded the file referenced on a recent email from CS, onto a freshly formatted USB stick, processed all through Windows. Inserted into Auris.

Success!

With a few hiccups, the process took about 50 minutes. Had to re-insert the Activation code from my last download as the code given in the link read 1111-2222-3333-4444 and wasn’t accepted.

So we are now on 6.7.0WH with map 2016v1.

Hope this might help. I've emailed CS and asked whether perhaps the technical staff could consider whether Apple Mac users could be accommodated?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links