Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris Hybrid tyre pressure

Auristi

Hi

What kind of tyre pressure you have use on your Auris Hybrid? Tyre size 225/45/17.

According to the manual, the pressure should be 2.3 bar (on high speed drive 2.6 bar). If you use higher pressure, you can achieve better fuel economy...

& less grip, potentially higher wear  ...

I keep mine at about 40 psi all the time (2.8 bar ish)

4 hours ago, Heidfirst said:

& less grip, potentially higher wear  ...

and much bumpier ride... :huh: The fuel economy, achieved with higher tyre pressure would be nothing, compared to the cost of the busted suspension, tyres and wheels. :blink:

I seem to get at least another 5 MPG running the tyres at 40 psi compared to 35. Ride is slightly firmer but nothing much.

I keep my wheels at 35.5 psi , ride comfort is OK and fuel economy is within the range.

Mine had 36psi all round when I picked it up and have kept it there 

I keep mine at 33psi front and rear and have noticed that road noise increases dramatically if the pressure drops to even 30 psi only 10% below what they should be. Economy on a long run is 48 mpg

• 4 weeks later...
On 20/04/2016 at 8:30 PM, Hojo said:

I keep mine at 33psi front and rear and have noticed that road noise increases dramatically if the pressure drops to even 30 psi only 10% below what they should be. Economy on a long run is 48 mpg

I have mine set at 36 for both front and back. My tyre inflator adds about 2 psi so you can get to unscrew the hose without having to worry. Even in winter, snow or no snow.

• 3 years later...

Hi everyone, 

does anyone who owns Auris equipped with 205/55 R16 tyres can tell me what are the tyre pressures in bars for front and rear shown on the door label or in the owners manual? I am thinking to switch to smaller 16” wheels, the 17” are simply not suitable for the roads in 🇬🇧 at the moment. I had a wheel buckled and perhaps not one but more or all of them. Very disappointed, having two sets of tyres and I am selling everything now and making a switch to smaller wheels and more rubber. 

In my Auris Mk2 owners manual it shows them as being the same pressure for both 16" and 17" wheels.

I did the same wheel size swap a year ago. I got a secondhand set of early Auris (2008?) wheels.  When I explained the change to the insurance company, they said that as they were wheels that were originally fitted to an Auris, then they would be classified as 'Toyota accessory" wheels, which meant there was no change needed to the policy. So no cost to change and no admin fee to pay.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gerg said:

In my Auris Mk2 owners manual it shows them as being the same pressure for both 16" and 17" wheels.

I did the same wheel size swap a year ago. I got a secondhand set of early Auris (2008?) wheels.  When I explained the change to the insurance company, they said that as they were wheels that were originally fitted to an Auris, then they would be classified as 'Toyota accessory" wheels, which meant there was no change needed to the policy. So no cost to change and no admin fee to pay.

That’s great to here , I am getting genuine Toyota wheels too. Thanks for sharing. 👍

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links