Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine/VSC/Tracking light suddently came on-please help

cameroon95

Hi guys,

The VSC, engine warning and tracking off light has just came on. haven't changed the the wheels recently or anything but the tyres are a bit on the thin side ? Could this be a problem?

I'm going to try disconnecting the Battery from the research I have done but Im hoping it isn't going to be an ongoing problem.

Any been able to solve this?

Cheers

14 minutes ago, cameroon95 said:

Hi guys,

The VSC, engine warning and tracking off light has just came on. haven't changed the the wheels recently or anything but the tyres are a bit on the thin side ? Could this be a problem?

I'm going to try disconnecting the battery from the research I have done but Im hoping it isn't going to be an ongoing problem.

Any been able to solve this?

Cheers

Brake fluid level might be low. The stability system should be designed to shut off, if fluid is low, for safety reasons. Also it protects the sensitive braking system components.

I'm going by what my Nissan Almera used to do when fluid got low, so don't quote me.

When the warning lights come on, an error code/s should be logged in the ECUs memory.

You should have the memory error codes read out which may direct to to the actual cause; if you do not have your own reader, most garages will do it for a small fee.

Disconnecting the Battery might clear the dash lights, if its not a 'hard' fault, but it also clears the ECU memory so the error codes are lost.

There isnt a way to read the ECU yourself is there? On my Integra if you bridge two ports with a paperclip there was a morse code like flashing light that allowed you to decify the error.

There is a small chance your 2002 has the old type of socket that allows that, if its the modern type you need a reader/scanner.

Google "toyota obd error codes"  and see its you can find your model , Verso ? petrol/diesel/cc ?

• 1 month later...

I disconnected the Battery and it seemed to work for  while as the Tracking control buttons worked and all the lights went off but the lights eventually came back on and I couldn't toggle traction control on or off.

Any ideas on this? I really don't want to spend a lot of money on the car at the moment but would like to get to the bottom of this ,

Hey dude, take a look at this link to another forum post of mine and read what I said in there. You seem to be experiencing the same issues as this bloke and what I said turned out to be the case. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, I had the garage read the codes and the mass air flow sensor is being flagged up, is it safe enough to give this a clean and can anyone please provide a location/picture of what this looks like?

In addition Just Davvee, can you please state where the OCV is ? Wouldn't harm in getting the OCV cleaned aswell.

2 hours ago, cameroon95 said:

In addition Just Davvee, can you please state where the OCV is ? Wouldn't harm in getting the OCV cleaned aswell.

If you see this current post you  might want to think twice about removing the OCV...

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/173715-no-acceleration-idle-high-but-stalls-which-sensor/

If your garage read the codes out, did they not offer / quote to clean or replace the sensor ?

Though I have never tried it, have read that cleaning can sometimes see it off completely, so make sure you can get a new one easily before trying  cleaning.

I misheard the garage on the phone,  I went to pick up the car today and apparently its the air pump that was being flagged up?

They have reset the fault and said to come back If there is an error, however I would rather do a bit of an investigation myself first. Any ideas?

If you have the error codes read out,  a 5 minute job,  then you should be given an error code number/s , which is then referenced against a list of codes.

Might be simpler and cheaper to get a  low cost code reader than leaving your car at a garage each time...

Got a similar issue with my secondary injection air pump.

P0410 iirc, had it up on a mates ramp the other night and found a bad earth which seemed to sort it for a couple of drives, but lights are back on now although i swear i hear it operating on fire up.

Apparently not a cheap replacement, and not found aftermarket or remanufactures when searching.

Since it's got no impact on anything other than emissions think i'll just ignore it and occasionally get codes checked so know it's not hiding anything else.

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎13‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 1:06 AM, NiallWallace said:

Got a similar issue with my secondary injection air pump.

P0410 iirc, had it up on a mates ramp the other night and found a bad earth which seemed to sort it for a couple of drives, but lights are back on now although i swear i hear it operating on fire up.

Apparently not a cheap replacement, and not found aftermarket or remanufactures when searching.

Since it's got no impact on anything other than emissions think i'll just ignore it and occasionally get codes checked so know it's not hiding anything else.

If you find a cheap fix please let me know, I don't want to pay a lot of money.

Does anyone know Will the car fail MOT if it still has this issue?

In addition I am happy driving it but I would prefer that the traction control is on in case of emergencies.

Guys I have obtained the code myself using a OBD Reader, It is definitely the secondary air injection system.

P0410 is the code that comes up.

I've done a bit of reading and even replacing the air pump, which is very expensive, can seem to not fix the problem. Any ideas on this?

• 1 month later...

Got a 2nd hand pump that works (previous one had melted...) but fuse still blows, so something else not right, a bambi incident has given a good chance to have a good look.

Any light not cancelling in the prescribed time is an MOT failure, however the secondary air is not tested on every start so cancelling the code just before the MOT should get it through...