Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2001 Avensis rear fog light problem

IgReilly

My rear fog lights don't work, local garage can't trace the problem and think that it might be an idea to replace the 'multi-fuse' under the bonnet.

I had the bulb units out of the tailgate for a tinker and they actually came on, but then wouldn't turn off whilst the key was in the ignition. They're back to just not working at the moment.

Any ideas? Obvs this is an MOT requirement so I really would appreciate a few pointers.

fogs only come on with main or dipped beam headlights usually

it be good to look at a wiring diagram to see where the fogs trace back to source. may be a linked relay or double switch contact in light switch to provide power to fog lights.

may even be a bad connection at your rear fog light plug / earth / bulb holder

is your fog in one side only like the t25?

should be a simple trace of a light circuit a garage shouldn't have the need to throw parts at it ( I hate the pluck and chuck approach to diagnosis)

there are garages and there are auto electricians, get someone who is used to fixing electrical problems - not a fast fit tyre and exhaust type of guy

No, it's both sides. I got the bulb clusters out and tinkered for a bit to check for furred up connections/spades etc but they were in great  condition. The rear fogs even came on permanently (with ignition key in), but wouldn't turn off. They're back to just not working now.

All fuses are ok. I can't read wiring diagrams. Is there a relay that might be dodgy, that I might replace before giving it to the man that can?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links