Do Not Sell My Personal Information

repair of my avensis

cooper12000

Hi all I am in the process of pricing up some bits to see if it is viable to put the car back on the road.  which leads me to 2 questions

1) is the aircon rad and intercooler one and the same??? if not which is the aluminium rad at the front in front of the engine rad. (eBay calls it aircon/intercooler rad)

2) what is the bar called that holds the rads at the top and the bonnet closed?

many thanks

Coop

Normally the bar at the front is called the slam panel, I can't help you on the other, sorry!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

nah air con radiator is called the condenser

the intercooler is tucked away inside the chassis leg I think, need to check it out actually

follow the big intercooler pipes that run over gearbox and I think they go through chassis under lh headlight

I see the 2.2 has a bigger intercooler same kinda size as the coolant radiator but aircon is still separate condenser

hi just a quick update and a couple more questions. I have the list of required parts from the report now rather than the rambled off list from the garage.  so need some more parts im just not sure what the following is.

1) front lock strut (I have looked on eBay and this seems to be the front panel/slam panel but this was listed as a separate item)

2) radiator cowling and front radiator cover

3) lh & rh bumper guides

4) lh/rh guide panels

there are lots of other bits that seem to be to do with the bumper moulding its self including a seal kit and fitting kit.  that I assume as I am repairing the car privately rather than through the insurance are down to me weather I replace them or not.

good news is that it looks like the chassis leg is ok and it should be a straight forward repair

many thanks for your input

Coop