Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Advice on 2010/2011 IQ

jamski

Hi all. 

Looking for a cheap town car, and it's proving tricky. It's going to be a second car for us and was gong to be for my wife who needs an auto. Found it hard (impossible) to find anything she either likes or is any good. We're put off by the Aygo auto box, doesn't seem great she doesn't like the Honda Jazz and the Suzuki Splash/ Vauxhall Agila are rarer than rocking horse poo. 

Anyway, insuring her on our current car isn't as much as I thought it would be, so I could get the 'second' car so it could be a manual, and the IQ has come up in my searches. I like the way it looks, seems good value and looks cheap to run.

It would be a manual, and found a couple around the 2010/2011 age that seem good. They're advertised as "1.0 VVT-i 2". Guess I'm just after advise if there's anything I should look out for, general opinions. Are the running costs as good as they seem? Any recurring issues?

Thanks all. 

Think the only real issue with the IQ is that the EGR valve can cause issues in early examples. Trim levels are 1,2 and 3, with 1 being the most basic.

Thanks very much. What's classed as early? Are there facelift models/different generations?

Get one with the later lighter interior. Early ones are a plum/brown interior, stick to the 1.0  for town driving, 1.33 is best on open roads

And don't dismiss the automatics, it's a totally different box to the horrible thing on the Aygo.

I am extremely happy with the IQ as a second/commuter/town car.

Thanks, I may well be going to see one tomorrow.

Really well specced, full leather, bluetooth, iq2, 50k miles, 2010, but it's red, which isn't my first choice but with the spec I need to have a look. Love the interior, just prefer the exterior in white. There's another one in white, but without the bluetooth/leather. I hate decisions!

99% of the ones in my budget are 'older' with the dark interior, and there are very few autos around too. The manual SHOULD be cheaper to run too. I'd be happy with either but there are just more manuals around.

Hi

i think the 59 plate was the last one for the EGR issue

David

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links