Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Corolla E120 1.4 vvt-i

Lorc88

Hello to all Corolla drivers/owners, 

I own a 2007 Corolla 1.4 vvt-i,

I am seriously considering modifying it with TD05 turbo, intercooler and K&N cold air intake. 

The only current modification on the car is a Magnaflow cat back twin exit exhaust system (y-band) fitted by Souhan in Co.Meath (Ireland) 

I would appreciate all advice, hints and tips on how to achieve this.

Please don't suggest an engine swap as this is not a viable option for me. 

The car in question is below in the picture: 

_20151025_145543.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

What kind of costs are you looking at for the TD05, intercooler and all relevant piping? Honestly might be better to just go out and get a T-sport/compressor cost wise.

Have you looked into what kind of power the block, clutch and gearbox can handle too? Might end up incurring substantial costs there too.

I picked up a reconditioned Turbo for €250 from a reputable company in Dublin, I'll b dropping out the current 5speed box for the 6speed t-sport box, I'll be looking into a better clutch ideally a twin plate clutch so it's not too heavy, as for the intercooler I've to measure up the space I have and then look at my options. 

As for just going and getting a t-sport/compressor, there's not many of them in Ireland and when they come up for sale people are looking for far too much and on d flip side of it, to put a 1.8 t-sport on Irish roads is ridiculously expensive particularly when you're under 30, whereas with my 1.4 an all the mods my insurance won't change. 

Thanks for your help and insight.

Sounds like you have planned this pretty well so far, and the six speed will be an improvement. Have you considered fuel management? Might need bigger injectors, depending on how much boost you're expecting to run. Do you know what power the stock block can take?

You'll definitely need a new ECU and some time on a dyno to sort the map out.

Either way, will be quite interesting to see what power you can make from it.

From what I've been told by some enthusiasts and performance places, my engine can take a maximum of 160hp b4 it starts running into trouble, my aim is to achieve 135-145, a new ecu is definitely on the cards along with a performance fuel pump, I'm not daunted by the huge road ahead of me nor the challenges on it, I appreciate the help/advice and tips from this forum