Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How do you turn off speed camera audio alert in Prius 2016?

posing

I couldn't find the info in the manual yet :( nor while googling.

In the menus, scroll across to settings, select vehicle settings then RSA. In method you can turn it on, off, audible or not and in threshold you can choose how far above the limit that it warns you. 

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎18‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 8:22 PM, kithmo said:

In the menus, scroll across to settings, select vehicle settings then RSA. In method you can turn it on, off, audible or not and in threshold you can choose how far above the limit that it warns you. 

RSA is the road sign assist. I turned it off and it stops the speed limit sign from appearing on the dash. However this does not turn off the speed camera audio alert. :(

Sorry I thought you meant the RSA beeps. The Nav speed limit beeps can be turned off by selecting setup then Map and the speed camera options are on the first screen.

On ‎28‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 6:47 PM, kithmo said:

Sorry I thought you meant the RSA beeps. The Nav speed limit beeps can be turned off by selecting setup then Map and the speed camera options are on the first screen.

You're a star! No more annoying beeps all the time!

• 2 months later...

Of those that do use the camera warnings, have you found that the warning is now only a single beep, that goes off a long way before the camera. The customer help desk say this is ok, am I missing something. The earlier software in my Rav4 gave a double beep at 2 different distances that were loud and clear.

On my July edition Prius the navigation volume has to be turned way up loud for the warning to be heard, that makes the navigation direction volume far too loud. The beep is just a single beep and it goes of some 600  yards before a camera in a 30 zone. That is some 40 seconds before the camera, by which time you have forgotten about the warning. Not that I go over the limit but it is nice to be aware of a problem should I inadvertently stray over the limit, and it keeps you awake :rolleyes:

My preference is to use the cruise control to maintain speed when road type/traffic permits, and the speed limiter the rest of the time.

Although I love the adaptive (radar) cruise control, I've found the speed limiter more useful than I expected.  Once familiar with the button on the end of the stalk for cruise and 1st white button on the right side of the steering wheel for limit, then flick the stalk down to set, it's pretty easy and intuitive.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links