Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Touch 2 system update

griff279

On 20/04/2016 at 9:37 AM, griff279 said:

Hi

I fomated usb stick to fat 32 and un zipped the file to the usb please see below what you should have on your usb stick.

turned on car waited 2 mins for the car to settle down the inseted the stick. two grey folders poped up then it sarted and i had to put in code.

only insalled GB map and it took about 30 mins to complete.

usb.jpg

I see this screen, above, but what do I do now ? I have no idea what unzip means.

I have Touch & Go1. The update has been reduced to £74.99 from about £154, but as I have a Garmin, which has free updates, wonder if it is worth paying out for. Does the update give traffic delays & diversions?

11 hours ago, Brian Austin said:

I have Touch & Go1. The update has been reduced to £74.99 from about £154, but as I have a Garmin, which has free updates, wonder if it is worth paying out for. Does the update give traffic delays & diversions?

your existing system should already do that. Afaik the update has never been £150 (unless you are paying a dealer to do it) but either £99 or £109.

Hi all

i have finally mastered the download and installation of nav updates wether new laptop win 10 has helped who knows. Regards cost I paid £99 special offer for 3 yrs for my 2015 verso trend. See now 199 don't know if would have inbuilt satnav again as although more secure, garmin etc. All free.  Just seen last autumn update and installed anyone know if it just maps or any extras..  Btw is Siri supposed to work on touch 2 with go or only on higher spec cars

2 hours ago, Stojom said:

Btw is Siri supposed to work on touch 2 with go or only on higher spec cars

Afaik only if you have voice recognition, so the higher version of Go (what used to be called Plus).

46 minutes ago, Heidfirst said:

Afaik only if you have voice recognition, so the higher version of Go (what used to be called Plus).

Mind you, the voice recognition isn’t too good. 

On ‎13‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 9:58 PM, Heidfirst said:

your existing system should already do that. Afaik the update has never been £150 (unless you are paying a dealer to do it) but either £99 or £109.

I was going by what the download site quoted for the £150

7 hours ago, Brian Austin said:

I was going by what the download site quoted for the £150

It's currently showing me £109 for map update, £119 for 1 year mapcare & connected services or 3 years mapcare & connected services for £199.

• 2 months later...

Does the upgrade show traffic jam avoidance and petrol station etc as does my old Garmin? 

as I said back in January your existing system should already be capable of giving traffic info & diversions.

Fairly certain that my 2012 Avensis had petrol stations as POI but it was the "High" version of T&G. Touch 2 with Go is notably better for petrol station info imo.