Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Touch 2 system update

griff279

The new systeme update is out and seems to be wrapped around the map update 6.7.0 which is what I installed.

I can confirm Apple Siri now works if you press and hold the speak key on your steering wheel.

a link below to instrutions and changes.

https://www.toyota-europe.com/multimedia/touch2-with-go/index.json

IMG_8852.JPG

IMG_8860.JPG

IMG_8863.JPG

IMG_8865.JPG

Anyone having problems updating,I plug in usb and nothing happens one time it said failed to authenticate but no option to input serial number.

Hi

I fomated usb stick to fat 32 and un zipped the file to the usb please see below what you should have on your usb stick.

turned on car waited 2 mins for the car to settle down the inseted the stick. two grey folders poped up then it sarted and i had to put in code.

only insalled GB map and it took about 30 mins to complete.

usb.jpg

I've got all the same files on my usb I had the two grey folders pop up but nothing happens. Did you take the files out of the folder?

Thanks

7 hours ago, spideman887 said:

I've got all the same files on my usb I had the two grey folders pop up but nothing happens. Did you take the files out of the folder?

Thanks

Hi

if you open the usb stick the photo above is what you would see.

I know it take a couple of hours but I would download again.

remove any usb sticks from your car before you turn on and try again.

if I remember mine did flash something up like code incorrect but then started and installed.

it's a much better system and the maps now look better and I've not had any issues.

If you have a high version navigation system ( Go+ ) the update is free if you have a low version ( Go ) and the car has left the dealership from new then yes you will have to pay £99 but this will then give 3 free map updates. 

As the update includes a newer map version 2016 V1 there is a charge for low ( Go ) nav where as High ( Go + ) already had free updates.

All sorted finally got it installed,I went out and bought a new usb did the job.

Thanks for your help Colin.

Just installed the western Europe maps so total update was around 50 minutes, i initially experienced a couple of issues after the system rebooted;

1. default map distance was kilometres and when i selected miles, it would not save

2. would not connect to traffic over the internet, defaulted to TMC

spend 30 mins trying to resolve it but fixed by rebooting the system (car on/ off) a few times and all good now.

EDIT - I even got Siri working but not sure of its usefulness part from getting the weather as saying "directions to timbuktu" for example only puts directions on the iPhone it does not translate over to the satnav?

Edited by ic2
update on siri

I get my Auris Hybrid on 4.3.2016. Soon after that I log in to my customer portal and there was SET FUD option. Is the SET FUD= free update?

Now the option is gone. So, I have to pay 119€ for the update?

See Devon Aygo's post above.

Does your Auris have Touch 2 & Go or Touch 2 & Go Plus? The Plus should have 3 years Map Care (updates) from new. The fee for the new update on the standard Touch 2 & Go also includes 3 years Map Care.

I have got Touch 2 & GO. But what was the SET FUD-option on my customer portal?

• 3 weeks later...
On 20 April 2016 at 7:54 AM, spideman887 said:

Anyone having problems updating,I plug in usb and nothing happens one time it said failed to authenticate but no option to input serial number.

I had this problem tried several times, I then formatted the usb  again and downloaded the update again and then unzipped the file to the usb, but this time I used the wizard in my unzipping software as opposed to doing it manually and hey presto it worked!

Dont know if one of the files was corrupt or maybe it was the Unzipping procedure.The other thing I done different was switched of the radio on the button on the touch 2 so that it was in idle mode ie: not doing anything

We have just got our Auris Tourer  (2016) back from Toyota after a rear-end repair, and whilst trying to sort out the the rubbish DAB that we had they updated the software. I don't like the new software as yet, but it's not been 24 hours; some things are harder to find, some a lot easier. As they have updated it for us I presume the full maps won't be on? Will we be able to just d/l again onto the usb and install them that way?

Also, we can't for the life of us find the setting for the beep warning about safety cameras. Have they removed this as a sop to the French, or are we both being blind? We've even tried to find it via the settings in front of the driver.

As far as I know you can only turn the safety cameras on or off, the sound of the beep only increases as you turn the radio/ CD volume up, at least there is now a countdown marker to the camera now.

regards

We don't have a beep at all, that's the problem, and nowhere to turn them on or off. This is on the latest software  6.7.0wh

Ah, OK. Well its not a double beep anymore, its single and very quiet. You can turn them off/ on I think its under the POI settings?

regards

Nope, not there either :(

This is from the manual before the update, if i remember correctly, its not changed but if it has, not that much so you should still be able to find it.

regards

Screen Shot 2016-05-20 at 19.14.33.png

just bought the latest update for touch 2 with go but can find nowhere for download op. checked purchases which gives a list of what you get which also shows installation instructions to be done via bluetooth via estore ap in car? does not work. thought it was done to usb vvia computer. can anyone advise. thanks

If I am reading this right.

Sign into my Toyota. Go to e-Store purchases, click on the map update you purchased (mine shows 6.7.0HMap Update 6.7.0H, then click on download to USB, don't forget to print/ copy the activation code.

regards

Thanks ic2 found download now and installed. Seemed to be intermittent on website contacted toyota they said update password and it worked. How did you do with other one, estore update, can't get it to work. Unzipped file gives you a jar.! Put on flash but nothing. File does not extract or open. Using vista. Downloaded 7-zip to try but that doesn't work either. Will buy new flash see if that works. Btw Toyota instructions for nav download said use8gb flash but had tu use 16gb as message came up capacity too small. You same? 

I tend to update any apps from the e-store (i don't really use any apart from fuel and parking) direct from the touch screen, i find it easier. I agree on the USB size, i used a 16GB and it was fine, 8GB caused me a few issues as well.

regards

• 11 months later...

Can anyone advise if there is an adapter cable to allow the touch 2 & go plus to be fitted in place of the original touch & go as one socket connetion is a different size. The sat nav cable is easy to swap out. Just the one connection is the sticking point.