Do Not Sell My Personal Information

change pollen filters

fixitphil

Hello my dear Avensis misers, Yes I am proud to be a person who will not waste money.

At the grand old mileage of 106008 I decided to change my pollen/cabin filters. Using Crosland filter part no: 507 82 0048 from Eurocarparts (about £9) I pulled back drivers side (right hand drive) carpets to allow access to filter access panel and unclipped the same.  Removed old slightly soiled filters (totally fouled) and compared old with new.  The bottom one (first out of the trap) was as the new one, the second needed to have a web removed (possibly present for testing at manufacture) and the withdrawal tab cutting off so as to enable filter to be rotated 180 degrees in the horizontal plane, it then fitted fine and could be slid up followed by it's mate.  Cover clip refitted.  Excellent.

P.s good weather warm and sunny, no rain as a kneeling job.

Best regards and confident motoring

FixitPhil

• Like 2

Hi Phil,

Good work.

Each time I have looked on Euro car parts web site to buy new pollen filters they have always been out of stock.

I seem to remember Konrad posting that he had needed to !Removed! around  taking bits off the filters to get them to fit. That  made me wonder about buying pollen filters from Toyota, which of course I never got round to. I need to get mine changed they must be feral by now.

Matt

There was a post a while back, where members found the Avensis pollen filters from Euro Car Parts were for LHD Avensis.

Amazon and of course eBay are other sources.

12 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

There was a post a while back, where members found the Avensis pollen filters from Euro Car Parts were for LHD Avensis.

Amazon and of course EBay are other sources.

Thanks for explanation. As it goes I just had a look on ECP and the pollen filter is not listed.

21 hours ago, Harry Carri said:

Hi Phil,

Good work.

Each time I have looked on Euro car parts web site to buy new pollen filters they have always been out of stock.

I seem to remember Konrad posting that he had needed to !Removed! around  taking bits off the filters to get them to fit. That  made me wonder about buying pollen filters from Toyota, which of course I never got round to. I need to get mine changed they must be feral by now.

Matt

21 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Amazon and of course EBay are other sources.

20 hours ago, Harry Carri said:

Thanks for explanation. As it goes I just had a look on ECP and the pollen filter is not listed.

Yes all true about the third party cabin filters. They are always for left hand drive that need a bit of fettling before fitting. They were cheap to buy though.

Probably the only complaint about the Mk1 Avensis for parts. Mk2 and Mk3 are not left/right handed!

Edited by Konrad C
Adding more info

I've recently bought a third party (Comline) carbon enhanced cabin filter from eBay for my Auris, which didn't need any altering - just slotted straight in.