Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Immaculate Gen 3 in Traffic accident

Chris Dance

1 hour ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

.... but the insurer could say that by arranging to reimburse you, they've fulfilled their obligation.

The policy says arrange to get you home, not arrange to reimburse you.

I cut short my Toyota insurance part way through the third year of my policy, because they changed their mind over using separate wheels for winter tyres. They tried to charge a penalty, until I explained that it was their change that caused it.

Toyota Insurance is not a company I would use again, despite the apparent advantages.

It seems non standard lights can be permitted in certain circumstances - see https://www.gov.uk/government/case-studies/early-release-for-cyclists-at-traffic-signals-micklegate-york although that one is for a green light for cyclists, not a red filter light.

Interestingly the DfT describe this as a "departure from standards". They even have a website listing the ones that have been approved - http://www.dft.gov.uk/traffic-auths/

Unfortunately I cannot find any departure from standards that have been approved for Nantwich or anything like a red filter light anywhere in the country.

But, Frosty, does "arrange to get you and your passengers home" etc. mean merely providing a copy of the local bus/train timetables? I think not, I would be expecting more.

Myriagon, I was very shook up at the time of the accident but at no time did I see a green filter arrow. I was told by the traffic police chap to look and see the filter light change to red. Police stated it is a RED filter arrow. I was never told that it was a RED/GREEN filter, as I said I only saw it go RED.  

Someone posted about this accident over on pistonheads. Best ignore KungFuPanda who appears to be a resident troll.

According to Flipatron, who is local to where the accident happened, the light in question has the standard green filter.

Sheepshanks at 11:41 today posted what I suspect is the most likely explanation - the sequence of the green light / filter is different in Cheshire from what most in this country would expect. This resulted in you having a lot less time to turn right than you expected.

See http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=10&t=1591631

• Like 1

Actual reply from the link in the previous post which seems to explain the confusion:

'What generally happens at this type of junction in Cheshire is the green for straight on and the green arrow come on together, with the traffic in the opposite direction being held. Then after a few seconds the green arrow goes off (there's no red) and the lights in the opposing direction go green and it becomes a normal two way junction.

So he's seen the green arrow but not realised it's gone off. Discovery driver has seen green his side and decided to just drive through - he may not have been stopped at the lights, it's not that busy there, so he could have anticipated the green and been going at some speed.

There's a junction I go straight through quite often in Merseyside where traffic is turning right in front of you and your light goes green but even if you move forward there's no way scousers are going to stop. So it's prudent to pause a few seconds until they're out of the way.'

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

I have not participated on this forum since another web sites members slated me over this issue. It makes me reluctant to participate in the forum now.

Pleased to say after about 6 weeks our Prius Gen 3 has been fully restored to its original condition prior to the collision thanks to the body shop of my local Toyota dealer. It has been a major repair. it is great to have the car back.

• Like 4

Chris,

Welcome back, and I'm really glad to hear your car is back to its former glory. 

Ignore the trolls. They are just a nuisance that come with the internet.

• Like 2

Awesome news Chris!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Hi Chris,

Very glad to hear your car has been repaired.

As Ancient Nerd says, ignore the Trolls and continue to use this forum please.

Your input is much appreciated.

3 hours ago, Sooty said:

Hi Chris,

Very glad to hear your car has been repaired.

As Ancient Nerd says, ignore the Trolls and continue to use this forum please.

Your input is much appreciated.

I'll third that!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links