Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Where is the SD card?

spospe

I have tried using the search, but it does not show anything up (possibly me doing it wrong?), but I am trying to locate the SD card that holds the maps for the X-Nav system. Can anyone please let me know where it is located and how to get to it?

I am somewhat dismayed by the seeming complexity / cost of updating the maps compared to my stand alone Tom Tom and wonder why we cannot just download the new maps (perhaps at a small charge) and load them onto the system ourselves. I have found an eBay seller who will provide 2016 maps for £40 at:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-X-NAV-SDcard-for-Peugeot-108-Toyota-Aygo-/111973326783?hash=item1a12215fbf

so all I need to know now is how to fit it.

All factory fit satnav systems will be more expensive to update than the portable systems offered by the likes of TomTom, Garmin, etc. Doubt whether the mapping offered by this eBay seller is legal, and what guarantee do you have that the mapping will work?

13 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

All factory fit satnav systems will be more expensive to update than the portable systems offered by the likes of TomTom, Garmin, etc. Doubt whether the mapping offered by this eBay seller is legal, and what guarantee do you have that the mapping will work?

Looking at the ad on eBay, the seller claims it to be genuine. Over time I have often bought stuff via eBay and it has been OK. However if it does not work, I have the eBay guarantee to fall back on if the seller defaults in any way.

16 hours ago, spospe said:

I have tried using the search, but it does not show anything up (possibly me doing it wrong?), but I am trying to locate the SD card that holds the maps for the X-Nav system. Can anyone please let me know where it is located and how to get to it?

I am somewhat dismayed by the seeming complexity / cost of updating the maps compared to my stand alone Tom Tom and wonder why we cannot just download the new maps (perhaps at a small charge) and load them onto the system ourselves. I have found an eBay seller who will provide 2016 maps for £40 at:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-X-NAV-SDcard-for-Peugeot-108-Toyota-Aygo-/111973326783?hash=item1a12215fbf

so all I need to know now is how to fit it.

I'm confused .. Do you mean where is the SD card physically located  in the car ? (its in the glove box) or where you can buy the card and updates ?

You can get new updates from Toyota

www.toyota-mapupdates.eu

Dark Matter

Thank you for the location info, I have now found the card (I should have looked a bit harder, but the glove box was full of junk and the SD card drawer was hidden).

Thanks again (it has surprised me, just how few people seem to know this basic info)

• 3 years later...

Can i ask how the update went once you found the SD card for your X-Nav system? 

• 8 months later...

hi, I have the x nav sd card in my glove box but no map screen .

2016 reg 

Seems strange having sd fitted in glovebox which lights up green but no maps on the big screen

Please help

12 minutes ago, Mcgee75 said:

hi, I have the x nav sd card in my glove box but no map screen .

2016 reg 

Seems strange having sd fitted in glovebox which lights up green but no maps on the big screen

Please help

If you have the nav unit in the glovebox but no nav function on screen you have a fault, where are you located as a UK 2016 Aygo with <100,000 miles would still be in warranty so you will need to book an appointment with your local dealer.

• 3 weeks later...

Can I ask if I bought the sd card from eBay for my Toyota aygo 2015 plate. Would sat nav appear on my screen?

• 3 years later...
On 5/3/2016 at 5:05 PM, spospe said:

Dark Matter

Thank you for the location info, I have now found the card (I should have looked a bit harder, but the glove box was full of junk and the SD card drawer was hidden).

Thanks again (it has surprised me, just how few people seem to know this basic info)

where is it my 2017 doesnt have that sliding sdcard slot just a deep hole

IMG_20230918_142912.jpg