Do Not Sell My Personal Information

100k Service

moody porsche man

Hi guys

My 2006 XT4 2.0 vvti just had its annual service. My car only has 50k on the clock but Toyota wanted to carry out the 100k service.

I was offered the £140 interval service and the £440 100k service. I asked what the difference was and I was told the £440 service included changing the brake fluid and the oil in the differential.

I felt that £300 was a lot of money for these item to be completed so I went for the £140 interval service.

Have I made a mistake?

Does anyone have the mileage service intervals / maintenance performed lists of what should be done at certain mileage etc?

Cheers

Andy

Toyota's service intervals are every 12 months  or 10,000 miles, whichever occurs first. So the dealer offered you the 10 year/100,000 mile service, which, as your car is a 2006 model and servicing was due on the time based servicing, was correct. Brake fluid changes are every two years.

The answer is definitely no you have not made a mistake, the oil diff is really easy to change holds about a cup full 1/2 litre the brake fluid is more challenging but you can buy very cheaply an automatic brake fluid changer, Google it, it pressurizes the system and forces the fluid out...but you will have to crack open the nipples on each caliper (not hard) but an independent garage should not charge anywhere near the price Toyota charge

2 hours ago, moody porsche man said:

Does anyone have the mileage service intervals / maintenance performed lists of what should be done at certain mileage etc?

https://www.toyota.co.uk/caring-for-your-toyota/service-and-maintenance/car-servicing.json

Toyota charge you £40 (for non-hybrids) to replace your brake fluid, personally I don't think that is too bad & comparable or cheaper than most other manufacturer's schemes..

16 minutes ago, Heidfirst said:

Toyota charge you £40 (for non-hybrids) to replace your brake fluid, personally I don't think that is too bad & comparable or cheaper than most other manufacturer's schemes..

Suppose that's only £5 more than doing it yourself really isn't it?

Isn't the £40 charge (or £39) only IF you get it done while the car is in for a service? You might want to check what they'd take if you booked it in for that separately.

£40 is the new Toyota list price (although dealers operating the fixed price service are allowed to offer cheaper prices if they wish), £39 was last year's list price . I see no mention of it being priced differently whether or not a service is involved.

Hi guys 

I agree £40 to change the brake fluid is a fair price.

Why did I get quoted £300 to change the brake fluid and the differential oil?

Cheers

Andy

The difference will not have been just for the brake fluid & differential oil change which at any rate are additional service items for any Toyota service. Without knowing exactly what they quoted for  ....

The recently increased maximum prices (they can be cheaper if they wish) for dealers operating the Toyota fixed price scheme for a RAV - Interim, Full & Full+ are £180, £330 & £390. I have already posted links to this & the comparison of what is included in each.

Your car is also old enough to qualify for the cheaper Essential Care scheme if you choose.