Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Engine

sup

sup lolno pun intended

so im thinking of putting a biger engine in me yaris but (theres all ways a but)

i dont want to much work any one know of some thing that fits in snug? keep it clean :lol:

Why not just look at boring out the current lump?...but sure you'd only gain so much.

drop diahtsu YRV turbo in it!

same engine as yaris turbo!

il have a 3sgte in mine in 3 years time :D

jaxx thats a very good reply will it fit with out having to mod it? and will it be faster that the 1.5 i have. and lol i had a yrv and it was s**t only the 1.0 l coz they dont sell the turbo here in ireland

no idea if it will go straight in but it all seems very similar under the bonnet

engine mounts only seemed a different

I thought the YRV 130 Turbo used the Yaris 1.3 engine .. cos it is a 1.3 after all. Where as the Yaris Turbo is a 1.5?

I thought the YRV 130 Turbo used the Yaris 1.3 engine .. cos it is a 1.3 after all. Where as the Yaris Turbo is a 1.5?

yeah your right, the 130 Turbo YRV is the 1.3 and the displacement for the Yaris turbo is 1.5

Kenny!

ah well i stand corrected then! the 1.3 and 1.5 engines look extremely alike and i thought it was 1.5 anyway. only think bout the diahatsu is the lack of camm cover.

makes you wonder if the turbo manifold will still fit though as im pretty sure the 1.3 and 1.5 NZ engines share the same block

trying to determin though if the 1.3 is a 'sleeved' 1.5, or if the 1.5 is a bored 1.3????

Me and Dale were trying to figure it out a bit back??? (any luck mate?? :( )

1.3: 75mm x 73.5mm (pre face-lift)

1.5: 75mm x 84.7mm

So the 1.5 is a different crank, and a longer stroke than the 1.3. So the T-pot cylinder head is likely to be between 11mm and 20mm taller than the 1.3. You might have to extend the exhaust manifold a little bit from the YRV, depending on the design... but it all looks very similar to me!

I've already put out a part finder search for a YRV manifold and turbo... the rest I can make out of fairy liquid bottles and sticky back plastic ;)

top geeza! let me know if you have any joy!