Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2.2D Auto - MPG?

Paulq

Hi

I have an opportunity to buy a really nice 14 plate RAV4 which is the 2.2D Auto but am concerned about the real mpg.  I do about 16k miles a year mostly motorway but maybe 30% town - can any owners tell me what I should expect?

Thanks in advance.

23 hours ago, Paulq said:

Hi

I have an opportunity to buy a really nice 14 plate RAV4 which is the 2.2D Auto but am concerned about the real mpg.  I do about 16k miles a year mostly motorway but maybe 30% town - can any owners tell me what I should expect?

Thanks in advance.

It's obviously going to depend hugely on how you drive but assuming that you care a bit about mpg and drive reasonably sympathetically you should be able to return about 37 / 38 mpg which is what I get out of mine. Drive "enthusiastically" and it will drop to the lower 30s; you should be able to get up to around 40 mpg on your mix of journeys but that would probably start getting hard work. (My average over 33k stands at 38.6 mpg)

• 1 month later...

I have got a 2011 2.2d4d manual and have just done a 460mile trip manchester to southampton and back and got a return  of 46MPG most of my driving was motorway with cruise control set at 75. my trip computer was showing 45mpg but when i checked  at pump it was 46mpg.

I have a 63 reg 2.2D auto and do around 17k miles a year. On a good motorway run, 100 miles each way, not hanging around I got 38mpg last week. With more local journeys, pottering over to our daughter 10 miles away combined with longer trips I get around 36mpg. The best I have had is 44mpg on a long but slow motorway journey up the speed limited (50) M3 and then around the slow M25. In the depths of winter when consumption is higher I have never got less than 35. A long (3k miles), fast (80+) Continental holiday four up and loaded to the gunnels gave around 37 mpg. I zero the trip meter when I fill up and usually check mpg, all the figures here are brim to brim. This compares favourably with my brother's D5 XC60, but he is not a sympathetic driver it has to be said. In my view fuel consumption is not a reason to avoid buying one of these as it might be, say, with a petrol Subaru. Overall I have been vey happy with mine, cheap to run and service although road tax is highish. I did find tyre noise from the Bridgestone OEMs was rather tedious, but these were replaced with Nexens at 34k and have shown a marked improvement. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links