Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Customer Service Campaign on 1.0

Devon Aygo

Thank you so much!

I'll print this and bring to them and see what they say, will post result here :smile:

8 hours ago, Hairy Nugget said:

Thank you so much!

I'll print this and bring to them and see what they say, will post result here :smile:

Devon, you glorious internet stranger you!

This did the trick, car is now booked for mending at the end of next week. I am so grateful for your help!

12 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

Well I think someone at your dealer is being less than honest as when input your chassis number into Toyota's Techdoc3 site I see the following:

IQ.png

It is possible that Toyota Norway are yet to roll the campaign out but any dealer in the EU can carry out the repair free of charge under warranty.

One thing Johnsons Toyota have asked me to do is bring in confirmation of the recall notice.  I wouldn't have received it by post as I am sure Johnsons Toyota would have mailed the address of the previous owner.

Would this affect me getting the iQ fixed when it goes in on the 22nd and I don;t have any documentation to say it is affected?  I do have a printout from the recall page but it doesn't say what the recall issue is.

Ta,

Mark

The first post of the thread does state that this is a voluntary service campaign, and not an official DVSA (Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency) recall. As it isn't a DVSA recall, Toyota cannot obtain owner details from DVLA, and owners won't be contacted by post because of this.

I would take a print out of this thread and of the page from the recall checker showing your car is due some work, to Johnsons

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone had this done yet? Had to cancel mine before holiday, but it's going in tomorrow.

Not yet, I am booked in for June 22nd.

Let us know if you see any improvement.

I phoned my Toyota dealer three weeks ago to make an appointment. They tell me they're still waiting for the parts, which are on back order.

Was all done yesterday. Firstly it was great customer service from Toyota Guildford, very good indeed.

Can see the pipe from the EGR is the new sort now and they gave me a copy of the invoice with the parts on. £500 worth of bits, although it doesn't really explain much.

Car is just the same as before, unfortunately it hasn't done anything to help my 2000 rev vibrations. :(

But at least I don't have to worry about the EGR any more, and was all done free, they even valeted the car.

41 minutes ago, jamski said:

Car is just the same as before, unfortunately it hasn't done anything to help my 2000 rev vibrations. :(

That's very disappointing.

2 minutes ago, Dewi Daniels said:

That's very disappointing.

Disappointing in as much as the vibration is still there, but the car always drove fine apart from that, there were never any EGR symptoms anyway. Do you have the vibration?

7 minutes ago, jamski said:

Disappointing in as much as the vibration is still there, but the car always drove fine apart from that, there were never any EGR symptoms anyway. Do you have the vibration?

The performance of my IQ2 has deteriorated markedly since it was new. It now feels breathless and very low on power, to the point that it struggles up steep hills. It vibrates if I try and accelerate from 2000 rpm or below. The fuel consumption has dropped because I have to use lower gears than before. I was hoping this recall would fix the lack of power and the vibration. I'd settle for just fixing the lack of power. If it doesn't, I'll ask my Toyota dealer to see if they can diagnose the problem. If they can't fix the problem, it'll be time to sell the IQ. It's done over 70,000 miles and has been very reliable and economical. I'd really like to buy a new IQ, but that's no longer possible. I'm keeping my eye out for a late model IQ3 with leather upholstery, but they seem to be surprisingly rare. It's also a pity you can no longer buy the JBL sound upgrade, which I love on my IQ.

23 minutes ago, Dewi Daniels said:

The performance of my IQ2 has deteriorated markedly since it was new. It now feels breathless and very low on power, to the point that it struggles up steep hills. It vibrates if I try and accelerate from 2000 rpm or below. The fuel consumption has dropped because I have to use lower gears than before. I was hoping this recall would fix the lack of power and the vibration. I'd settle for just fixing the lack of power. If it doesn't, I'll ask my Toyota dealer to see if they can diagnose the problem. If they can't fix the problem, it'll be time to sell the IQ. It's done over 70,000 miles and has been very reliable and economical. I'd really like to buy a new IQ, but that's no longer possible. I'm keeping my eye out for a late model IQ3 with leather upholstery, but they seem to be surprisingly rare. It's also a pity you can no longer buy the JBL sound upgrade, which I love on my IQ.

Having only had mine a month it's all relative to what you know I guess. I certainly wouldn't say mine is sluggish at all, but the vibration is annoying. I read on a US forum that it's a clutch issue and someone fixed it by replacing the clutch. Have to say mine very much sounds like an exhaust rattle, I'm going to get it checked out somewhere as I have a 6 month warranty. Would be interested to hear what your dealer says about it though.

hi,

had the recall done but it hasn't made any difference to my car either in relation to the vibration @ 2000 rpm. The dealer I took it to said it was the clutch, but the clutch is ok except that so will see if I can live with the vibration a little longer.........

Wasn't the discussion in another thread regarding the vibration related to the fly wheel not being balanced? Of course the fly wheel cannot be changed as it is part of the clutch system. I was planning to look into getting clutch/flywheel replaced to fix the vibration but the cost is a bit prohibitive for me.  

Anyway, I've gotten used to the vibrations and it doesn't affect me as much as when I first started driving the iQ.

Since you've had the recall done, has there been any improvement in the power when driving or is it the same?

10 hours ago, Mark_P said:

Wasn't the discussion in another thread regarding the vibration related to the fly wheel not being balanced? Of course the fly wheel cannot be changed as it is part of the clutch system. I was planning to look into getting clutch/flywheel replaced to fix the vibration but the cost is a bit prohibitive for me.  

Anyway, I've gotten used to the vibrations and it doesn't affect me as much as when I first started driving the iQ.

Since you've had the recall done, has there been any improvement in the power when driving or is it the same?

Thanks, yeah that's what I thought with the vibration, just one of those things!

The car is exactly the same, but I didn't feel there were any issues in the first place to be honest.

Joined recently, so as to add my ha'pennys worth, after reading the information about the recall. You do get some very valuable info. on this site. 

Have a 2010 model, owned for 2.5 years. Do about 4500 miles/year on local roads.  Can't say I've noticed any lack in performance to date, but as I have nothing to compare it with, thought it was "OK"!

Took it in for service on Monday (10 June) and Lancaster Cambridge Toyota asked if I would like the exhaust manifold (their words, not mine) recall carried out. Said yes and it was done the next day. Picked-up the car on Wednesday. Difference in performance? Yes!

Engine note different, smoother. Brisker pull away on the flat and acceleration on slopes ( not many hills around here) better. There appears to be a 'tighter' feel to the transmission, and maybe this a change in vibration levels from the engine? Anyhow, it's different, and more pleasant to drive. Have not had chance to check consumption in detail, but on a much travelled route it appears it might be better. Will be checking closely. 

Toyota Cambridge also said the job was allowed 4 hours. Can't fault their service and still somewhat surprised that Toyota would carry out a fairly expensive recall on a 6 year old car (bearing in mind a previous comment that the bits totalled £500).

So should you have it done?  Go for it, it appears to work well.

• Like 1

On Thursday, June 09, 2016 at 6:35 PM, chufferclive said:

hi,

had the recall done but it hasn't made any difference to my car either in relation to the vibration @ 2000 rpm. The dealer I took it to said it was the clutch, but the clutch is ok except that so will see if I can live with the vibration a little longer.........

Just a quick update...driven Albi a bit more since the recall was done and the vibration seems to be getting less...still there but definately doesn't seem to shake the car to pieces!  the acceleration doesn't seem to any better,but I always thought that was pretty good anyway but the fuel economy seems to have gone up by about 6mpg......

My local Toyota dealer changed the manifold yesterday. It's made a big difference. The car pulls much better from low revs and generally feels like it's breathing more easily.

I am glad to hear that the car is pulling better from low revs.

One of the reasons why I avoid the motorways is when joining a motorway and I need to accelerate but the power is not there, I've had a couple of instances of where the car isn't responding quickly enough even when putting it in to a lower gear to get speed has almost resulted in me being rear ended by lorries or other vehicles.

Very scary and dangerous.

Manifold/EGR valve replaced today by local dealer. Job took just over 3 hours. First iQ they've had in for fitting of the replacement parts on this 'campaign'.

Can't say I've detected any improvement in drivability, but ours was never bad anyway, and have been using Redex regularly for the last 18 months.

Important to me is that I no longer have the worry of a £900 repair bill hanging over me should performance have degraded at some point in the future due to clogged EGR valve. So a feeling of relief that this 'ticking time-bomb' is now resolved without any cost to me... :happy:

Dave

• Like 2

Two weeks up with the new manifold and bits. Improvement in engine willingness still impresses. More so is consumption, improved by about 5-6 mpg. So all-in-all, not a bad mod.

Manifold has been repaired, sadly the car is still at Toyota Johnsons. I had an update to an urgent issue regarding Coolant/Radiator showing signs of leaking. I've seen the video on citnow.com and it seems to be across the bottom of the radiator and I've been quoted £463.27 to fix it.

Not what I need at the moment :(

However I am driving an Aygo which to be honest I can't tell if I hate it or like it. :/

That's a bummer. Any sign of fresh damage in the video to suggest the mechanic might have caught the radiator with a spanner while replacing the manifold? Perish the thought...

1 minute ago, dash said:

That's a bummer. Any sign of fresh damage in the video to suggest the mechanic might have caught the radiator with a spanner while replacing the manifold? Perish the thought...

No not really, the leak detection fluid is clearly seen at the bottom of the radiator and it runs for the whole length of the radiator which might be the runoff.  Sadly, I'm not able to afford the £463 they want to repair it so I'm collecting quotes at the moment via whocanfixmycar.com and will also ask my trusted garage for a quote.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links