Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hi everyone

Gunnersjjang

I'm pleased to join here after getting to Yaris Hybrid world.

I've just driven 94 miles...really enjoying.

I'd like give and take any insights about Yaris to you as many as I can.

Hi there and welcome,

I'm sure you will enjoy the new wheels, is this your first hybrid?

Feel free to ask away, I have an Auris and my mother has a 2013 Yaris, the only big difference between them is the mode selector (Gear stick) design.

Did you buy a new one or used one?

• Like 1

Hi Anthony,

this is new one and my first Hybrid car in my life.  My previous car was Honda Civic 2001 so this is a huge leapfrog for me. (-:

I really love rear-view camera and smart entry key particularly.

Hello Scott - welcome to Toyota Owners Club

• Like 1

Hi Anthony,

this is new one and my first Hybrid car in my life.  My previous car was Honda Civic 2001 so this is a huge leapfrog for me. (-:

I really love rear-view camera and smart entry key particularly.

Soon you will be playing the hybrid game, seeing how high you can get the mpg ;-)

Or how far you can go just on electric before the engine kicks in to recharge the batteries.

One benefit will be if you get stuck in a traffic jam, it will be less work for you and save you fuel.

Compared to my last car, I'm almost going the same distance with only half of the petrol.

• Like 1

Yes I really tempted to challenge my best mpg.

Now my total mileage is about 110 miles (70% town, 30% motorway) and average mpg is 57.5 mpg.

(This is still below my expectation but massively improved mpg compared to my previous Civic - average 31 mpg)

27 minutes ago, Gunnersjjang said:

Yes I really tempted to challenge my best mpg.

Now my total mileage is about 110 miles (70% town, 30% motorway) and average mpg is 57.5 mpg.

(This is still below my expectation but massively improved mpg compared to my previous Civic - average 31 mpg)

I will be honest, i mainly go by the range to empty, trip counter and then how much i put into the tank. For me that comes to 423 miles for 36 litres, compared to my  last car was 423 for 55 litres I'm not complaining. It is the hills that really impact the economy.

In a few months I will be driving to Germany, so I might even manage to do better, flatter terrain. It was last year a prius wizzed past me on the motorway, but thought i wasn't going to catch him ;-)

23 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Hello Scott - welcome to Toyota Owners Club

Hello, it's my pleasure.

14 minutes ago, Anthony Poli said:

I will be honest, i mainly go by the range to empty, trip counter and then how much i put into the tank. For me that comes to 423 miles for 36 litres, compared to my  last car was 423 for 55 litres I'm not complaining. It is the hills that really impact the economy.

In a few months I will be driving to Germany, so I might even manage to do better, flatter terrain. It was last year a prius wizzed past me on the motorway, but thought i wasn't going to catch him ;-)

Yes, you don't need to race without compromising your fuel consumption. I will let you know my first range with mpg when the time is up for refueling.

I was just surprised at the prius which flew past me, at the time I was in a normal petrol car and being holland I stuck to the speed limit.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links