Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Celica Advice

MacsJeep

Hi

I bought my first Toyota last Christmas (a 57 Avensis with 29k on it) and I'm smitten! It's the best car I've ever owned. However, I've always had a couple of classics, and they're usually Vauxhalls. I'm so sick of them being broken down all the time, though, despite my best efforts and empty purse, so just lately I've been thinking of getting a more "practical" classic.

As I'm smitten with my daily and its reliability and quality, I was thinking of getting a Celica in one form or another as my second car. Can I ask some advice on which are the best models to look at, and what sort of prices genuine decent ones go for. The car will need to be old enough to qualify for classic insurance, and also must be automatic.

Any advice and known niggles to watch out for would be great!

Thanks

Dawn :)

I had a gen 5 celica GT (pop up headlights, 89-93 I think?), was amazing car to own. Despite having bought it with over 170k on it, it drove better than the 5 year old focus that replaced it. The only real issue was corrosion on the sills, but it was a genuinely practical, nippy car that was great to drive. I'd love to own another at some point

Sent from the moon using telepathy

I seem to be struggling finding many autos, and I only have an auto license. The two that have popped up so far are a pop up headlight type which I am assuming it what you had, and the model after it with the four round headlights. The earlier one is up at £1600 is that about right? It does look it very nice condition.  

Hi,

If you need any help with classic car insurance at all then please feel free to drop me a line. I'd be only too pleased to try and help.

Regards,

Dan.