Do Not Sell My Personal Information

b9010/tns700 Battery Change Program not read

waqar_lionheart

Hello All,

Visited Mr Clutch to get a new clutch on Saturday :). smooth as a baby's bottom now. Pulls off really well. Except when the clutch was replaced, the Battery had to be disconnected for a couple of hours. Unbeknownst to the manager at Mr Clutch (the b9010 unit is protected with some vicious security around it) who was adamant that Toyota units are not radio coded and should work straight after when batter is plugged back in, that this unit will not work. When I got my car back, it simply said on my screen, A program could not/cannot (cant recall properly now) be read, please visit a dealer. I took the car back and the man had no clue, he pressed the open button which opened the interface tray which just stuck there and couldnt go back no matter what we tried. He told me that he would contact Toyota and get back to me. Anyways I went online and did some research but was surprised to find that out of Toyota/Lexus forum for cars which use same or similar units, there was only one which said that it is as simple as putting the navigation disc back, all others said that the unit was dead.

Anyways I went back and put my original navigation disc in and the unit came alive and it DO NOT TURN OFF POWER WHILE ITS INSTALLING (or something similar).Now here in lies the trick and why some people may end up bricking their units. 

I had turned the key to position number two (get all the lights on). IF you have the NAVIGATION Disc inside your unit, DO NOT START THE CAR because the text that briefly comes on says that do not turn off power during installation. What some people do is put the disc in after Battery change and turn the key on wait for the lights to go off before starting the car by which time its mid installation and then start the car which may corrupt their unit. This is my opinion and experience. I thought i ll share it with you after now finding a CONCLUSIVE answer on this.

Regards,

Waqar

• 2 years later...

On 5/23/2016 at 2:05 PM, waqar_lionheart said:

Hello All,

Visited Mr Clutch to get a new clutch on Saturday :). smooth as a baby's bottom now. Pulls off really well. Except when the clutch was replaced, the battery had to be disconnected for a couple of hours. Unbeknownst to the manager at Mr Clutch (the b9010 unit is protected with some vicious security around it) who was adamant that Toyota units are not radio coded and should work straight after when batter is plugged back in, that this unit will not work. When I got my car back, it simply said on my screen, A program could not/cannot (cant recall properly now) be read, please visit a dealer. I took the car back and the man had no clue, he pressed the open button which opened the interface tray which just stuck there and couldnt go back no matter what we tried. He told me that he would contact Toyota and get back to me. Anyways I went online and did some research but was surprised to find that out of Toyota/Lexus forum for cars which use same or similar units, there was only one which said that it is as simple as putting the navigation disc back, all others said that the unit was dead.

Anyways I went back and put my original navigation disc in and the unit came alive and it DO NOT TURN OFF POWER WHILE ITS INSTALLING (or something similar).Now here in lies the trick and why some people may end up bricking their units. 

I had turned the key to position number two (get all the lights on). IF you have the NAVIGATION Disc inside your unit, DO NOT START THE CAR because the text that briefly comes on says that do not turn off power during installation. What some people do is put the disc in after battery change and turn the key on wait for the lights to go off before starting the car by which time its mid installation and then start the car which may corrupt their unit. This is my opinion and experience. I thought i ll share it with you after now finding a CONCLUSIVE answer on this.

Regards,

Waqar

Hi 

I have the exact same problem. Alternator went so the Battery was disconnected for quite some time. 

Tried various methods to get it working including the one you have mentioned. 

Other then opening the unit is there any more ideas ?

Thanks