Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Brake pads and discs

murph524

How easy is it to change front brake pads and discs on a 2014 1.8 hybrid auris touring sports. Any special tools required?

I think that you have to have a wind back tool for the rear. Also i have heard that you need to keep the keys far away from the vehicle when you do them as the breaks pressurise when you get into the car. To be on the safe side i would disconnect the 12v Battery so that that cannot pressurise while you have the calliper off.

Standard tools as on other cars.

okay  thanks guys, I did see a youtube clip on a prius where they disconnected the Battery, so I will do that, I'm doing the back ones next month so it's good to know I need a winding tool.

44 minutes ago, chrismorrow said:

I think that you have to have a wind back tool for the rear. Also i have heard that you need to keep the keys far away from the vehicle when you do them as the breaks pressurise when you get into the car. To be on the safe side i would disconnect the 12v Battery so that that cannot pressurise while you have the calliper off.

19 minutes ago, murph524 said:

okay  thanks guys, I did see a youtube clip on a prius where they disconnected the battery, so I will do that, I'm doing the back ones next month so it's good to know I need a winding tool.

Check on Youtube to see if there is a service mode for the EPB. It also should be in the handbook if you have it. 

You need a reverse winding tool kit. When I had my rear brakes replaced, that is what was needed. One of the pistons has to wound back the opposite way. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links