Do Not Sell My Personal Information

12v battery

eygo

if you disconnect the 12v Battery on the hybrid Auris do you have to re-initialise any of the system

on reconnection of the Battery or is it just the clock and radio stations that require attention.

I can't say, but when my Battery beacme discharged, I cheated and used a jump starter to keep power to the car, while taking out the Battery and properly charging it in the house.

I would be interested in finding out what happens, just for future reference.

i want to add cruise control to the car so i should disconnect the Battery

but i want to be prepared if i have to reset something

I just disconnected the 12V Battery on my 2011 Auris Hybrid (in an attempt to install a rear view camera). Anyway, no problems happened. After I re-connected the Battery, the car took a couple of seconds before the "ready" sign for the hybrid system started, but then, everything was ok. The only things that are reset:

• clock
  • average fuel consumption number
  • navigation system (TNS350) preferences, like miles / kilometers etc.

And the navigation system needed 60 seconds to re-instal its firmware from the SD-card, showing something like "do not turn off power". But after that, everything was fine. So no problem disconnecting your Battery.

Oh, and 1 more thing: don't close the trunk after you have disconnected the 12V battery. You won't be able to open it anymore since the opening mechanism needs 12V, and you'll have to reconnect the battery again from the rear seats and that is very inconvenient (yes it happened to me... twice :P)  

Good luck!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

thank-you for your replies its been a great help to me.

• 2 years later...

hi

please can you help me with my Toyota tns 350 not booting up after disconnecting Battery, it is showing as the below picture, on other forums posts it says i need loading kiwi file but infortunatly the topic was closed, can you provid it to me and with short describtion how to proced.

Mod edit: e-mail address removed. Replies will be posted directly on the forum.

your help would be really appreciated, this is first time im using a forum please do excuse me if i posted to the wrong section.

Thanks

20170814_175236.jpg.7f5ddafae691cafc7688cc28245765af.jpg

Hi Kamel, if your car hasn't had it's maps updated in a while just buy a cheap (probably counterfeit) map update SD card from eBay - that will solve your problem & also you will have up to date maps.

• 1 month later...

Hi, and thanks for your reply, I have now a new SD card with an updated map, but it's still not workig i have the same error message, i tried a diffrent way of restating car such as disconnecting Battery as it says in other forum, please help

Thanks in advance