Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auris brake discs and pads

tommy19

My Auris is 2010, Petrol 1.6 with 40000 mileage.

Few months ago I changed front discs and pads at F1 Autocentre garage in Enfield, north London. They charged me £180 and they fitted Delphi brake discs and pads.

After few days all kind of noises come out.  The Noise come out when I drive slowly and noise from braking as well.

I feel my old original Toyota brake was much better than that new one.  One month ago I went back to that garage and complained about the noises from brake.

They fitted new Delphi brake discs and pads again.  The noises doesnt go away.  Especially the noise when I drive very slowly.

I need to take it to other garage to take it out and put it again properly.

I also need new brake discs and pads soon.

I have seen some options at Euro Carparts,  Eicher ( cheapest one), Pagid, Brembo.

I dont know how good they are and will they fit in properly in Auris.

Official Toyota charge £260 for brake discs and pads.

If I go to other garage they might charge less and will put the new rubbish brake.

But Toyota garage will put nice original brake for sure.

Now I am weighting up the options.

I seem to recall many many complaints (on this forum as well) about brake noise in the early days of the Auris. Toyota responded with modified parts to fix the issue. I remember being surprised on my then new 1.33 Auris at just how chamfered the front pads were. Brakes have been silent in over 6 yrs.

I suspect you are going to be looking at official Toyota parts to fix this.

• Like 1

I have an 08 2.0 mk1 auris with mtec front and rear discs (dimpled and grooved) with mintex pads all round. Never had any problem with noise and minimal brake dust too (i fitted them all myself) but cost me around 180 for all

• Like 1

Thanks for advices, I have looked at Euro CarParts for Brake Discs and Pads and I am not sure they are good enough.

I have looked at mtec brake and I am very interested in it.  They are fantastic products. 

I might go for mtec disc and mintex pads or I will go direct to Toyota.

12 hours ago, Aidsy1 said:

I have an 08 2.0 mk1 auris with mtec front and rear discs (dimpled and grooved) with mintex pads all round. Never had any problem with noise and minimal brake dust too (i fitted them all myself) but cost me around 180 for all

I found their products and they are fantastic.  You are very lucky to have skills to fit yourself.  I have learnt the lesson that most mechanics cannot fit new discs and pads properly. Most are cowboys.

• Like 1

To fit the pads and discs on the auris are really easy (correct me if I'm wrong) but as the mk1 and mk2 auris have the same layout (just different body kit) it's really easy. Front pistons just push in. Rears do needs rewinding (a bit of a pain in the ***** but if you take fluid reservoir cap off its not bad). Discs are just held on with the wheel, if you can't get them off use an m6 screw (iirc) in the thread slot for the disc and the old ones pop off. Some of the easiest brakes I have fitted to be honest.

• Like 2

Right, you can see most mechanic cannot do proper job on simple thing.

It is better you do yourself on your car.  Otherwise you dont know which mechanic is good.

Many car owners have problem with mechanics because cowboys mechanics usually mess things up. 

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
I recently had my brake pads replaced. I bought them from the Toyota agent and they were Bosch. My only observation is that it took 2000 miles for the pads to stop squeaking...yet they occasionally squeak a little bit, but at least now it is bearable. For the record, I also tried spraying two cans of Bardahl and Wurth brake cleaner, but nothing worked. I was told it is the material they are made of.