Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Corolla T Sport PFL New Owner.

RazzerRazor

1 hour ago, RazzerRazor said:

Then once this was all dry it was time to fit the brace.....so I thought. Nobody ever said that the abs pipes on a pre face lift are in the way. Arrrrgģhhhh. Always some thing! 

So I put a cloth over the pipe, brace over the top sitting on the shocker bolts. Then gently tightened them to bend the abs pipe without damaging it. Then wrapped the pipe with electrical tape so the brace didn't damage it (also had some really strong sticky pads left over from a Job). So I also stuck these on too, to prevent rubbing on the abs pipe! All on nice and tight👍 cars in next week to have the secondary air pump fitted. 

I'll get my mechanic to check it all over (don't like the thought of sticky pads in their, fire hazard!!) Or is that me being paranoid ha ha. Best to be safe, he'll tell me anyway. Looks good😉 battery clamp next. 

20170718_190843.jpg

20170718_190849.jpg

20170718_192848.jpg

20170718_195531.jpg

20170718_190855.jpg

20170718_195521.jpg

Looking good man, makes me wanna clean mine, just gotta get out there, that's the hard bit!😔

Brace looks sweet too.👍🏻

1 hour ago, Ant182 said:

Now then all looks good to me and very clean top job man. I think you little pads will be fine the brace wont move that much to make them loose.

Nice one Steve. Makes my mind at ease already ha. Just more the thought of the metal pipe rubbing and leaking. Might put another pad under the abs pipe, just incase it catches on the actual shocker mounting wing. Then it's pad, pipe, pad, strut brace👌

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SanaYusuf said:

Looking good man, makes me wanna clean mine, just gotta get out there, that's the hard bit!😔

Brace looks sweet too.👍🏻

Cheers Yusuf. Anywhere near the focus st you mentioned? Must admit, to clean mine it took about 10mins tops. Didn't go mad with it going in for repair next week. Just more a trial really 

10 minutes ago, RazzerRazor said:

Cheers Yusuf. Anywhere near the focus st you mentioned? Must admit, to clean mine it took about 10mins tops. Didn't go mad with it going in for repair next week. Just more a trial really 

Still looking although have test drove 2 so slowly but surely, it's just I'm fussy about colour and spec. 

If I don't find one by the end of July I'll give up looking for a while and concentrate on my T sport, it also needs it s secondary air pump replacing, I've been putting that off for a while!

Have you. Had two friends that had them. A white 08 face lift and another had 06 orange St2. Quality machines to be fair! Only sold them due to wanting more power. The orange one was about 360bhp but couldn't get the power down in 1st. That was about max without going internal and forged. Sounded really good 

Does your need doing too. I'll let you know how my mechanic edd china gets on ha ha 

1 minute ago, RazzerRazor said:

Does your need doing too. I'll let you know how my mechanic edd china gets on ha ha 

Yeah it brings EML on with a code for secondary air injection + causes idle to drop almost to to nothing when started from cold. 

Pops loads when you first drive the car in the morning which is cool.😎

How does the brace feeel?

bought a 1.4 corolla T2 for the brother in law today thought stick to whats reliable 

2004 T2 Facelift

Full Main Dealer Service History

79k on clock

has had new suspension and steering rack recently on front

decent condition for £1290

IMG_3280.JPG

IMG_3281.JPG

My revs have been ok but it has popped abit 👌 I keep cancelling the eml with my code reader. Drive me nuts! 

2 minutes ago, sohail-94 said:

How does the brace feeel?

bought a 1.4 corolla T2 for the brother in law today thought stick to whats reliable 

2004 T2 Facelift

Full Main Dealer Service History

79k on clock

has had new suspension and steering rack recently on front

decent condition for £1290

IMG_3280.JPG

IMG_3281.JPG

I know it's dark in the pictures but looks and sounds good buddy. Can't go wrong with an old Toyota. 

Not driven it yet pal. Fitted tonight but it won't get used till Sunday, and even then I'm dropping it off at my mechanics house ha ha 

Just now, RazzerRazor said:

I know it's dark in the pictures but looks and sounds good buddy. Can't go wrong with an old Toyota. 

Not driven it yet pal. Fitted tonight but it won't get used till Sunday, and even then I'm dropping it off at my mechanics house ha ha 

Haha trust they are bullet proof

go the long way around to your mechanic and let me know Im thinking of getting one for my car aswell

Not far off if they're looked after. 

😂😂😂😂 will do pal 

Nice work on the engine bay, I also painted my strut brace a couple weeks back. Just painted it black again to keep it clean, also painted the top-hats on the struts, they looked rusty like yours haha. I will post pics when I get the rest of the bay cleaned up.

What is with that ABS pipe?? Whoever designed that needs fired lol

3 minutes ago, pw96 said:

Nice work on the engine bay, I also painted my strut brace a couple weeks back. Just painted it black again to keep it clean, also painted the top-hats on the struts, they looked rusty like yours haha. I will post pics when I get the rest of the bay cleaned up.

What is with that ABS pipe?? Whoever designed that needs fired lol

Cheers pal. I was going to do it black too, but thought mine needed blinging up. I'm going black with my top nuts but had no paint ha. Yeah get them up pal!

That pipe, my PFL Rolla wasn't designed to have this brace on. They moved the pipe on the FL version. Just my luck 

On 19/07/2017 at 0:30 AM, sohail-94 said:

Haha trust they are bullet proof

go the long way around to your mechanic and let me know Im thinking of getting one for my car aswell

Had a blast to my mechanics house today! Can defo feel the difference with the front strut brace on, a lot more stiffer up front. Doesn't roll as much too. With the lowering springs on too it's a good match up for the handling. 

If you can get one cheap enough I'd fit it. Wouldn't spend a fortune on one though, some going for £70-£80+. I personally wouldn't pay it, that's just me. For a Whiteline etc one yeah, not for this OEM. 

• Like 1

Hey mate, any chance you can post some pics up of your vac lines around your air box and where they go? Trying to help in Wayne's thread but mine are removed due to the induction kit.

On 29/07/2017 at 4:28 PM, SanaYusuf said:

Hey mate, any chance you can post some pics up of your vac lines around your air box and where they go? Trying to help in Wayne's thread but mine are removed due to the induction kit.

Sorry buddy only just seen this. You normally get an email notification.  

It just started to chuck it down so they're really quick pics. If you need any more just give us a shout 👍

20170801_105835.jpg

20170801_105845.jpg

20170801_105841.jpg

9 hours ago, RazzerRazor said:

Sorry buddy only just seen this. You normally get an email notification.  

It just started to chuck it down so they're really quick pics. If you need any more just give us a shout 👍

20170801_105835.jpg

20170801_105845.jpg

20170801_105841.jpg

Thanks man, it's the 2 that attach to the back of the air box that I'm trying to clarity and which order they connect up, I've put 2 pics of the sites I mean.

IMG_0909.JPG

IMG_0911.JPG

Sorry pal my pictures aren't great then for you. If I'm home early tonight and the rains stopped I'll get some closer I'll ones for you 

• 2 months later...

All right lads

Any more changes recently? Been a while

Snapchat-1957743365.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Loving the new plate Fella👍👍👍👍👌👌👌👌

Hi all, been a while since I’ve looked on here never mind logged in. Got some personal stuff going on at home etc but getting they’re.

Any how not done much to the Rolla really since last post. Bought some red washers with chrome bolts for the engine (not fitted yet). Also new interior dome light (not fitted). Chrome oil cap (not even fitted that haha). Re fitted the original tail lights with my 6yr old sons help (got pics somewhere) Looks miles better imo! Service is due December but she’s just getting oil n filter with a general check over. Only done 2k since last service ha. 

The secondary air pump failed so that’s got to get done again. The one from the scrapper failed. My mechanic said it’s easy though, jack up front passenger side wheel, take off the wheel n arch trim. Few bolts n swap over done. Plug n play. Got my breaker to put one aside for me, including a driver seatbelt I need. 

Turning 40 at Xmas so the midlife Crisis might be kicking in. Scary stuff 😱

• Thanks 1

Before and after pics of the lights. With my Sons help of course 

20171008_164614.jpg

20171008_155037.jpg

20171008_225446.jpg

20171008_225535.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RazzerRazor said:

Loving the new plate Fella👍👍👍👍👌👌👌👌

Hi all, been a while since I’ve looked on here never mind logged in. Got some personal stuff going on at home etc but getting they’re.

Any how not done much to the Rolla really since last post. Bought some red washers with chrome bolts for the engine (not fitted yet). Also new interior dome light (not fitted). Chrome oil cap (not even fitted that haha). Re fitted the original tail lights with my 6yr old sons help (got pics somewhere) Looks miles better imo! Service is due December but she’s just getting oil n filter with a general check over. Only done 2k since last service ha. 

The secondary air pump failed so that’s got to get done again. The one from the scrapper failed. My mechanic said it’s easy though, jack up front passenger side wheel, take off the wheel n arch trim. Few bolts n swap over done. Plug n play. Got my breaker to put one aside for me, including a driver seatbelt I need. 

Turning 40 at Xmas so the midlife Crisis might be kicking in. Scary stuff 😱

Thanks mate & hope everything works out for you mate

the original lights look miles better, 

Ive given mine to a garage today to get the 1zzz bolt ons upgrade done - manifold and injectors.

Also the steering rack UJ got too much play so having it changed too

Got a strut bar to fit soon too

Cheers buddy. 

Your mods sound great and should see a good performance upgrade. Steering rack sounds expensive, trouble with these cars now getting older year by year. Still one of the best reliable cars today I’d say. You’ll see an improvement with the strut bar👍

Sounds great mate, the original lights do look good back on and still one of the best kept Tsports on the forum 👍