Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Corolla T Sport PFL New Owner.

RazzerRazor

12 hours ago, Ant182 said:

Sounds great mate, the original lights do look good back on and still one of the best kept Tsports on the forum 👍

Don’t know about that Steve lol. There’s some cracking Rollas on here! My breaker had some facelift rear lights but they wasn’t up to my standard. Too many marks for my liking. 

Defo doing the body work next year once my personal stuff is sorted out. In fact that one of my New Year Resolutions😉

• Like 1

Burning Smell.....

Had the above 2 weeks now. Only noticed when the car is stationary! 

Oil.....no. Not that kind of smell. And the level was ok and under the bonnet dry. 

Clutch.....no. Thought it was but again not that smell. 

Then pulling in Tesco gear in neutral the car didn’t roll like normal! Oh no brakes!!!!

Walked round the car, rear drivers side wheel n disc HOT. Proper HOT. Caliper stuck on. Was only 1 mike away, parked it up Sunday and that’s where she’s staying. Spoke to my scrapper and rear drivers caliper ordered. + 

Driver side seat belt, interior rear view mirror, face lift rear lights, face lift steering wheel, another secondary air pump. Might as well get everything else while I’m there ha. Breaker said he will have it all ready for Friday/ Saturday. Top bloke👍

Also going to order new slider pin kit for both rears. Toyota want £57 each side! Brakes International Rochdale want £15 inc vat per side. Big difference. So hopefully with this kit etc it won’t happen again. Just hope I don’t need discs too. Only 1yr old and 2K on them. My mechanic said he might be able to do it weekend on my drive save driving it 25mins to his garage (weather permitting). My own Edd China 👍😉 

Lets hope it stays dry 

Got my oil in Tesco for the service. Just an oil filter now. Hoping to have my K&N Typhoon fitted at the same time (hence no air filter). Got another 1 litre as it takes 4 n half I think. 

Wasn't sure on this oil but she's always had Castrol Magnetic and touch would loves it. Sent my mechanic this photo and he said that'll be fine. 👍🏻 

20171104_092313.jpg

12 hours ago, RazzerRazor said:

Burning Smell.....

Had the above 2 weeks now. Only noticed when the car is stationary! 

Oil.....no. Not that kind of smell. And the level was ok and under the bonnet dry. 

Clutch.....no. Thought it was but again not that smell. 

Then pulling in Tesco gear in neutral the car didn’t roll like normal! Oh no brakes!!!!

Walked round the car, rear drivers side wheel n disc HOT. Proper HOT. Caliper stuck on. Was only 1 mike away, parked it up Sunday and that’s where she’s staying. Spoke to my scrapper and rear drivers caliper ordered. + 

Driver side seat belt, interior rear view mirror, face lift rear lights, face lift steering wheel, another secondary air pump. Might as well get everything else while I’m there ha. Breaker said he will have it all ready for Friday/ Saturday. Top bloke👍

Also going to order new slider pin kit for both rears. Toyota want £57 each side! Brakes International Rochdale want £15 inc vat per side. Big difference. So hopefully with this kit etc it won’t happen again. Just hope I don’t need discs too. Only 1yr old and 2K on them. My mechanic said he might be able to do it weekend on my drive save driving it 25mins to his garage (weather permitting). My own Edd China 👍😉 

Lets hope it stays dry 

Almost as though we have the same issues, I need a front passenger side caliper as mine sticks slightly, also my air pump is getting worse and throwing up a code more regularly. Probably cost about a grand to fix all the issues with mine, thinking I might just buy a newer T sport as other options like the ST are just to expensive.

12 hours ago, RazzerRazor said:

Got my oil in Tesco for the service. Just an oil filter now. Hoping to have my K&N Typhoon fitted at the same time (hence no air filter). Got another 1 litre as it takes 4 n half I think. 

Wasn't sure on this oil but she's always had Castrol Magnetic and touch would loves it. Sent my mechanic this photo and he said that'll be fine. 👍🏻 

20171104_092313.jpg

Wilko are selling Mobil 3000 X1 Fe 5w30 5L for £26, I have been using it for at least the last 3 oil changes and have had no problems.

Not a bad price for 4 L though.

When my calipers were sticking I just bought a service kit with new seals. The kit was £10 per caliper, I don't remember what my mechanic charged me but it was next to nothing. He just reused the same pins and I haven't had any problems since.

Stop scaring me with all these problems, I am waiting for my car to explode now

• Like 1

I had the same calliper problems but with the back so we decided to make it a part of my yearly service to totally strip & clean and pins of the callipers and never had the problems again also when washing the car made sure I jetted the callipers front and back free of muck as every little helps (so says Asda lol) 

8 hours ago, SanaYusuf said:

Wilko are selling Mobil 3000 X1 Fe 5w30 5L for £26, I have been using it for at least the last 3 oil changes and have had no problems.

Not a bad price for 4 L though.

My dad's just bought the same oil for his juke. Cracking price and good oil to👍🏻

1 hour ago, pw96 said:

When my calipers were sticking I just bought a service kit with new seals. The kit was £10 per caliper, I don't remember what my mechanic charged me but it was next to nothing. He just reused the same pins and I haven't had any problems since.

Stop scaring me with all these problems, I am waiting for my car to explode now

My mechanic said just get the seal kit. Me overacting as ever. Ha ha I'm probably only having these issues because mine just sits here all week and doesn't move. 

1 hour ago, Ant182 said:

I had the same calliper problems but with the back so we decided to make it a part of my yearly service to totally strip & clean and pins of the callipers and never had the problems again also when washing the car made sure I jetted the callipers front and back free of muck as every little helps (so says Asda lol) 

That's added to my list now to 🤓

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Got my parts the other day from the scrapper I know. Cars going in on Tuesday for a service and to fit some of the parts. With him being an ex Toyota mechanic he can fit stuff in a quarter of my time ha. 

Rear drivers brakes still sticking after swapping the slider pins. Piston retracing as it should so not sure on that one. Hence it going on a few weeks early for service. Fingers crossed it'll be sorted!

20171112_184252.jpg

20171112_184333.jpg

20171112_184535.jpg

20171112_184446.jpg

20171112_184404.jpg

20171111_150816.jpg

Cars in at the Garage this week. Full service, repair the rear sticking caliper, other side with new slider pins, fit secondary air pump, face lift steering wheel and K&N Typhoon. 

About time I got my a### in gear fitting some of these parts. Had a call already today, they used the rear caliper I got. It was working but not 100%. Lets hope that’s all they find wrong with the her! 

The K&N should be a nice upgrade, I just installed my Apexi intake a couple weeks ago and it makes a big difference to the sound. It sounds the same on low RPM but when you hit lift it goes crazy

They do sound good on these engines. I had one on an old Honda Crx Del Sol Vti, same engine really but a 1.6. Sounded awesome! Never fitted one on the impreza, heard a lot of them didn’t run well. 

These sure do. 

Cars back tonight. My Mechainc brought it back for us (that’s Service ha). 

She’s booked in at Toyota in 8hrs for another airbag recall. Bet it’s only just to get my details so they can pester you with phone calls. The girl at Toyota rang me yesterday to see if I’m still going in. Then said....would you like us to look at anything else while it’s in. Mmmmmmm not busy then. Will see! 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone

What an amazing thread this is.. ! Just bought a TSport Corolla, I feel I`ll find a lot of inspiration for modding here.

Great work guys keep it up :)

On 17/12/2017 at 9:54 AM, MaciekTS said:

Hi everyone

What an amazing thread this is.. ! Just bought a TSport Corolla, I feel I`ll find a lot of inspiration for modding here.

Great work guys keep it up :)

Thanks for the comments. And congratulations on your T Sport. A very well reliable and capable car! 

Before I start......Merry Christmas All👍🏻

Got the car back from Toyota (my last post). All is good. Just said my tyres are getting low. So i started looking into tyres like you do, anyhow cut it short Rolla is now wearing these.

They need a refurb I won't lie and tyres have between 2-4 mm on each but more than my others had. Might last me 5 years the miles I do ha ha. Did really want so Bola or Rotas but like always money. Not sure how it handles on these as the weather is pants here. Looks and sits better imo 

20171218_233123.png

Oh also finally got the K&N Typhoon fitted. Sounds awesome but we all know what they sound like etc. Really chuffed! Ordered some black plastic cable tubes and Harper's tape for some wiring tidy up (again weather permitting) but she's getting there. 

MOT in February so let's hope she passes that all ok 

20171218_234153.png

Are those compressor wheels?

I have been meaning to go back and tidy up those cables, they are just zip tied to the Battery holder thing on my rolla. Any tips to tidy them up?

9 hours ago, pw96 said:

Are those compressor wheels?

I have been meaning to go back and tidy up those cables, they are just zip tied to the battery holder thing on my rolla. Any tips to tidy them up?

They are buddy. The guy I got them off had 5 so I couldn't say no lol. 

I haven't tidied mine up yet, just simple cable tidy trunking with Harper's tape. My trunking has the split in it to slot the wires in. Then just tape it up each end and the odd tape in the middle 

@RazzerRazor do you have a subwoofer install guide for the underseat sub

Mine is on the way hopefully and looking to connect it up.

Did you but anything extra to make it easier also did you tap into the stock Speakers?

Thanks dude

• 5 years later...

It's been along time since i posted up on here, infact about 6 years. And yet still got the Corolla. Changed quite abit in that time but still going strong, 113K miles now. Actually going in for service and mot next month, plus afew bits to do too. 

Anyone else's Corolla still going! 

• 1 month later...

still got mine 160k 🙂