Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sportif Question

Humayun

Sorry if im being really dumb, but im sure my 1997 1.3 starlet sportif is 16v but when i first had the car i went to toyota dealer and asked the bloke there and he said itt was 8 valve. Please can sum1 clear this once and for all.

Thanx

Thanks daz ur source is good but what i dont understand is that the SR model is 16v and my engine is the same power, according to Parker's, all 96-99 starlets are 74bhp. The fact that the SR's are 16v and putting out the same power is confusing.

Thanks any way

96 onwards EP91 cars are all 16v

the 4EFE engine was used in corollas i think?!?

have a nice day

sv

Yeah i thought they all had the same engine and they are 16v twin cam

My mate said I should get the 16V 'emblem' for the side skirts. What do you all think? :wacko:

yeah go for it, i want some vts 16v badges, and i want some trd emblems think they look mint!! :D

starlet si, what you done to yours so far then coz if i remember rightly you were deciding what to blow your wage on when you got it???

will have to have a gander :eek: wona lower it an gettin it looking like it may possibly have some trd tuning or sh*t in it!!! :D

16v single cam, the diagram that came with my gates cambelt only shows a single cam.

have a nice day

sv

no wrong!

Heres the truth from someone who has his engine in bits it is a 1.3 TWIN CAM 16v!!!

The reason your mates showed one cam may be because it is a single cambelt and one cam turns the other!

i thought the ep91 4e-fe's were all 16 valvers. if youve got spark plugs in between the two cams on top of the engine, then its a 16v.

am i right in thinking there is only one pulley then?

ie belt from crankshaft drives single pulley and the second camshaft runs off the first?

the diagram that came with my Gates (its a brand not my mate! :) Cambelt shows only a single pulley.

have a nice day

sv

One crankshaft. Timing belt goes round tensioner, oil pump and one camshaft pulley.

The other cam is gear driven from the first cam.