Do Not Sell My Personal Information

my new car

bushido55

I have just bought a 2013 Avensis  diesel with a full service from new and still has until December before the manufacturers warranty runs out it has just had the one driver so I am unsure whether the warranty still applies to my new ownership

Being new to this forum I am not sure what may be asked here if anybody can help I will be grateful Thanking you in anticipation

John  

Edited by bushido55
finer styttered

Hi yes it should carry on to next owner.I know mine did. as did the hyundai I had and if it was out of original warranty I would of asked for 12months before buying the car.

50 minutes ago, bushido55 said:

I have just bought a 2013 Avensis  diesel with a full service from new and still has until December before the manufacturers warranty runs out it has just had the one driver so I am unsure whether the warranty still applies to my new ownership.

If it is a UK spec car, sold new in the UK by a Toyota GB dealer, it will have a five year/100,000 mile new car warranty - so the warranty will run through to either 2018 or 100,000 miles, whichever occurs first.

If it is a European spec car sold new outside of the UK (eg Ireland), it will have a three year/100,000km new car warranty.

Presumably the services have been carried out either on the time basis (every 12 months) or on the mileage basis, whichever occurred first.

• Like 1

Dear Frank and Mike

Thank's for your input I am now waiting to hear from the dealer the car was first bought from, then I will know how i'm fixed.

This is the first Toyota I have ever owned but up to now I can't fault it.

Thank's again both of you

John

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi Frank and Mike

Sorry for the delay but now got the information they are a toyota dealer and it is covered for the 5 year warranty and has been serviced by them,

Last week it developed a tapping sound so I booked it in to the King's Lynn main dealer and they after examining it said it was down to the ancillary belt so they fitted a new one and I was shocked when they informed me it was done under the warranty as I always thought belts were not covered by warranty.

She is running like a dream now I am only sorry I did not get a Toyota years ago

Thanks again for the help you gave me

John 

• Like 1