Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Different Aygo (2016) engines?

Pytheas

Hi to all,

I was checking out the manual (PDF) of the new Ago and came across two different engine types; 1KR and HM01. Unfortunately the manual does not provide any information on these engines, so I was wondering if anyone knows more about them. For the 1KR I found a Wikipedia article but there is no info on the other engine type.

Any hints?

Hmm... The only other engine they put in the Aygo/C1/105 was the dreadful 1.4L PSA diesel engine they tried for a short-while at the beginning, but quickly scrapped as the 1.0VVTi blew it out of the water in every respect.

(Now, if they'd used the 1.4L Toyota diesel engine, things would have been different :wink: :tongue:)

They didn't sell too well because they cost more than the petrol but had worse acceleration, worse mpg, worse top speed. worse NVH etc., so they're really very rare.

The 1KR-FE is the 1.0 litre Toyota engine as used in the Aygo/C1/107/108, the Yaris, the IQ and some Daihatsu models.  Unless they are considering fitting the 1.2 PSA three cylinder engine as fitted to the current C1/108 (although this has a different designation).

Thanks for your responses; however, I am almost sure that the other engine is not the diesel one as it seems to have been abandoned. On top of that, the few specs available in the manual only highlight some minor differences between the two engines (see the attached screenshot from the manual).

I understand that the most frequently used one is the 1KR-FE, so I will rest my case here. :-)

Aygo_engines.PNG

if my memnory serves me right i thought i heard a while ago

the aygo had a new engine coming that uses the atkinson cycle

to make it more fuel efficient.

It's the Peugeot/Citroen 1.2 petrol engine that Toyota offer in other markets. I think the 1.0 already in the new Aygo is the Atkinson variant. 

• Like 1

On ‎04‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 0:57 PM, bradburyss said:

It's the Peugeot/Citroen 1.2 petrol engine that Toyota offer in other markets. I think the 1.0 already in the new Aygo is the Atkinson variant. 

Well, this might be the correct answer; the Wikipedia page on Aygo 2014 model indicates that it comes with two engine options - the common 1.0L (1KR-FE, as mentioned earlier) and a 1.2 L EB2DT, which is the PureTech 1.2 L (1,199.9 cc) turbo Euro 6 81 kW (about 110HP ??).

Makes me wish I had the option of going for this engine but it doesn't seem to be available in Greece :-(

As great as it would be to have the turbo engine in the Aygo that is an error.  The 1.2 from the Peugeot 108 and Citroen C1 is offered in the Aygo in some countries but it is a non-turbo with 82hp. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links